SC2Manager (Behavior & Plugin Tool)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Complete the collection by purchasing Trailer Force - Cinematic Sound Effects Tool Kit Pt.2: Drones
  • adcornaglia: I don't consider what Newt is saying to be insulting, and is only common sense online.

Good for you if you trust all what people upload and never got your PC infected or any issue for it. Or perhaps you are just the perfect mark and are not aware of it.

In my experience, downloading from suspicious sources can lead to big issues.

My computer is a working tool, so I can't allow having it infected or whatever.

Good for you if you can afford it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Seems like a cool tool and I just d/l about 25 plugins and behaviors, so this could be a tremendous time saver.

I downloaded it and tried to run but after it updated to 1.6.3 I immediately received the error below. I clicked Continue on the dialog box and your UI loaded up. I quickly set it up as in your tutorial (my three primary folders are on separate drives and one of the folders is nested pretty deeply) and tried to install one of my newly downloaded plugins (2dstarfield.rar) and received what looked like the same error (The path is not of a legal form). But this time clicking on Continue didnt seem to do anything i.e. the plugin wasn't install nor was any file moved or relocated.

As for what was already said, my comments are this... you kinda popped up out of nowhere (like me), posted a tutorial with no speaking, maybe some trippy music and stress the importance of running the program as administrator, etc. If you look at what others have done when developing C2 add-ons for release to others, is publically announce what they are working on, feasibility, even ask for ideas and overall thoughts. They maybe after having a few long running users/devs to test it, announce its general availability. That's just what I have seen lurking around here for the last few years.

My other side is this... that if it worked as it says on the tin, this could be a HUGE time-saver and become a part of my tools, which echoes what was already mentioned. I'll wait to see what this error might be before I manually install the remaining downloads. Be happy to continue working with you to figure it out and it might very well be me and my set up.

Cheers, Billie

[h2]See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
       at System.IO.Path.LegacyNormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
       at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
       at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.NormalizePath(String Path)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards, Collection`1 Results)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.GetFiles(String directory)
       at SC2Manager.SC2Sub.loadAddons()
       at SC2Manager.Main.Main_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    SC2Manager
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///H:/~Game%20Development/~Tutorials%20and%20Learning/~~Games/Construct2Tutorials/~Behaviors%20Plugins%20FX/SC2Manager/SC2Manager.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 14.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
        Assembly Version: 0.86.0.518
        Win32 Version: 0.86.0.518
        CodeBase: file:///H:/~Game%20Development/~Tutorials%20and%20Learning/~~Games/Construct2Tutorials/~Behaviors%20Plugins%20FX/SC2Manager/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    [/size]
    [/code:2f5hc5uz]
  • Seems like a cool tool and I just d/l about 25 plugins and behaviors, so this could be a tremendous time saver.

I downloaded it and tried to run but after it updated to 1.6.3 I immediately received the error below. I clicked Continue on the dialog box and your UI loaded up. I quickly set it up as in your tutorial (my three primary folders are on separate drives and one of the folders is nested pretty deeply) and tried to install one of my newly downloaded plugins (2dstarfield.rar) and received what looked like the same error (The path is not of a legal form). But this time clicking on Continue didnt seem to do anything i.e. the plugin wasn't install nor was any file moved or relocated.

As for what was already said, my comments are this... you kinda popped up out of nowhere (like me), posted a tutorial with no speaking, maybe some trippy music and stress the importance of running the program as administrator, etc. If you look at what others have done when developing C2 add-ons for release to others, is publically announce what they are working on, feasibility, even ask for ideas and overall thoughts. They maybe after having a few long running users/devs to test it, announce its general availability. That's just what I have seen lurking around here for the last few years.

My other side is this... that if it worked as it says on the tin, this could be a HUGE time-saver and become a part of my tools, which echoes what was already mentioned. I'll wait to see what this error might be before I manually install the remaining downloads. Be happy to continue working with you to figure it out and it might very well be me and my set up.

Cheers, Billie

> [h2]
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
       at System.IO.Path.LegacyNormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
       at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
       at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.NormalizePath(String Path)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards, Collection`1 Results)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.GetFiles(String directory)
       at SC2Manager.SC2Sub.loadAddons()
       at SC2Manager.Main.Main_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    SC2Manager
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///H:/~Game%20Development/~Tutorials%20and%20Learning/~~Games/Construct2Tutorials/~Behaviors%20Plugins%20FX/SC2Manager/SC2Manager.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 14.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
        Assembly Version: 0.86.0.518
        Win32 Version: 0.86.0.518
        CodeBase: file:///H:/~Game%20Development/~Tutorials%20and%20Learning/~~Games/Construct2Tutorials/~Behaviors%20Plugins%20FX/SC2Manager/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    [/size]
    [/code:bgi0x09o]

Thanks for letting me know.

The startup part was my fault because it was trying to get all the addons once you started it, assuming you had already setup your settings.

Not really sure what happened with the last problem. Possibly having multiple drives gave you that error.

I'll try and fix this somehow

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)