Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Mattertainment, looks good! The reason there is no camera object is because the cameras have special privileges that are difficult to seamlessly integrate with construct in a way which will interact between plugins (like the viewport / q3dmaster etc.). If you're handling a lot of cameras, I'd suggest making some kind of dummy object using a Q3D point or Q3D model to control them.

• QuaziGNRLnose

Thanks!

And yeah, I understand. Thanks for the suggestion! Why didn't I come up with that one earlier! :V

Just set X,Y,Z of the camera to the Q3D Point right?

Any way to link the camera's angle and tilt to the Q3D point? Because it uses different values for tilting and turning the camera.

(Edit: Never mind! Silly me, I could just use the look at function. )

• QuaziGNRLnose

Thanks!

And yeah, I understand. Thanks for the suggestion! Why didn't I come up with that one earlier! :V

Just set X,Y,Z of the camera to the Q3D Point right?

Any way to link the camera's angle and tilt to the Q3D point? Because it uses different values for tilting and turning the camera.

(Edit: Never mind! Silly me, I could just use the look at function. )

I like to use two points that are in a container with each other, one for the target location and one for the camera location. Then it's easy to control things.

• QuaziGNRLnose

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!

Sorry for throwing answers to you constantly, but I'm curious since Construct 2 is adding WebGL 2 support. This must be beneficial for Q3D, right? With promised/planned features like 3d texturing, Multiple Render Targets

and hopefully performance boosts, etc.?

• Hello QuaziGNRLnose

I use the last r240 beta version of c2 and meet this error even if i use your examples. How to fix that? Thanks.

• I use the last r240 beta version of c2 and meet this error even if i use your examples. How to fix that? Thanks.

did, you modified the plugin on that line? on my end the q3d examples work perfectly.

• No, just opened it.

• No, just opened it.

is that the Planet system example? i got a clear_Color error from long way back to R237 i think on that example, but for me it was because of the 1st condition being unable to clone the material for the "Sun" object.

• That's in all examples. + Even if i add q3d main plugin at a new project.

• Something is wrong with your plugin installation then, or your browser perhaps, try updating your browser. It's weird that you're getting such an error. Maybe you have hardware acceleration disabled / are using the canvas renderer or something weird?

• QuaziGNRLnose, i just payed using paypal about 45minutes ago. Unfortunately my email inbox got full and while I had cleared some space, I wasn't sure if the confirmation was automated, in which case it probably wouldn't report the send failure nor would it automatically resend, or was a manual process, in which I don't know how long I'm supposed to wait.

So I figured I'd ask here. Sorry for the trouble.

EDIT: Got it, many many thanks for the quick reply ! Going to have some fun now !!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Anyone have a smart/easy way to track a 3d object in cam/screen space?

I'm wanting to basically do this..

http://zachberry.com/blog/tracking-3d-o ... -three-js/

With a standard C2 Sprite, tracking a moving Q3D Object.

edit --

ah I see this has been discussed a little..

Page 167 - QuaziGNRLnose said--

[quote:2we5is7z]for the 2D/3D projection thing, there's no built-in method to get the view-space coordinates or projection matrix. Generally that's supposed to be what you use Q3D sprite for.

If you know javascript/sdk you can modify Q3D easily enough to give you what you need, just look at the tick2 function for Q3D bone where the debug text is displayed and you can add some new expressions that use a similar process. I'll look into adding it for the final update i'll do, but no word on how long that'll be.

If anyone has done this already, please pm me. Otherwise I'll be having a go at it myself..

Incidentally, the specific reason I want this, rather than just using the Q3DSprite, is that my Q3DRendering is being done at a lower resolution than my C2 Layouts. I want my HUD overlay to be super crisp, while my Q3DMaster is fine at a lower resolution.

• I just thought I'd let people know that adding effects to Q3DMaster works wonderfully. Try adjusting contrast, saturation or even adding a fun effect like toon or sketch and see what happens! I just wish this would work on an object-to-object basis. I tried enabling effects on Q3DModels in edittime.js but alas it wasn't as easy as that, would it be possible to enable effects on Q3DModels somehow QuaziGNRLnose ?

Also QuaziGNRLnose please implement this https://threejs.org/examples/?q=dof#webgl_postprocessing_dof2

Edit: And this https://threejs.org/examples/#webgl_gpgpu_water

• I can import SVG file?

• Hello,

I've got a really annoying problem. Everytime I go out of fullscreen - web browser mobile or desktop - the 3D canvas is deleted and created a new on bellow all my interface objects and all of them stops to work. This happens in all of the render modes. Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)