Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

3 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Am I the only one who is getting 60fps?

I am using the latest Chrome + Nvidia GTX 660

no 60 fps all the time here gtx 670

• This is awesome! Great job! You just opened up a whole new world of possibilities for C2 users.

• russpuppy

> little 3D platformer demo

> demo: http://funandfunnygames.com/demo/3dtestplatform

>

hm... this is kinda upside down for me... no?

Or is it just FireFox?

irina

russpuppy

You're using the "Inside mode", which copies the 3D canvas into a construct texture. Because of some bug with the current version of construct or the videototexture function the "inside mode" uses, the 3D canvas gets copied at an upside down orientation in firefox and ie.

Use the Infront or behind modes to avoid this, the performance is also much better, unless you absolutely need to use the inside mode.

• > russpuppy

>

> > little 3D platformer demo

> > demo: http://funandfunnygames.com/demo/3dtestplatform

> >

>

> hm... this is kinda upside down for me... no?

> Or is it just FireFox?

>

Three.js UP is DOWN in Construct2. Just as 0,0 is in the center in Three.js and Construct2 is the top left corner.

It's only upside down if the view is with the z axis coming out of the screen, from the other side x,y is at the top left and the axis' are normal.

• QuaziGNRLnose

so... inside mode is like... 3D is between other 2D layers?

(that is something that is interesting to me)

If so... can it be fixed?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • QuaziGNRLnose is there a way to get other Construct 2 2d objects to display over top of the Q3D canvas without using inside mode?

• QuaziGNRLnose

so... inside mode is like... 3D is between other 2D layers?

(that is something that is interesting to me)

If so... can it be fixed?

Yea its 3D that can be layered like that, and even effects from inside construct can be applied to the output, but it has to copy the image so it's slower than creating a new canvas above or below the construct canvas, and it has the aforementioned problem.

It can definitely be fixed, but i think its a bug with the construct sdk function that the image gets flipped, so i don't want to add browser specific code to unflip it just yet, because then i'd have to undo that stuff one the actual problem is fixed by scirra.

• QuaziGNRLnose is there a way to get other Construct 2 2d objects to display over top of the Q3D canvas without using inside mode?

Using the Behind mode. All you have to do is turn make the layer have a transparent background so it shows below. The only problem with behind is it breaks objects like the edit-box that use the html ZIndex, but it allows sprites above. Ideally i'd like to find a way to draw directly into the construct canvas without all the problems/slowness of videototexture conversion, but the two WebGL contexts interfere a lot so it's very difficult to figure out the root of the problem, and i haven't found a good way to do yet even with a lot of searching.

ill very likely try to make a 3D sprite object with all the functionality of the construct sprite, since it seems like a very requested feature.

• [quote:xdwoi838] QuaziGNRLnose It uses WebGL, so it is hardware accelerated (it's using the GPU)

Thank you for the kind words everyone, i'll keep working hard on the plugin to add features and examples/documentation as quickly as i can!

It's pretty impressive, keep it up! I just purchased it. Imagine developing a 3D editor plugin for C2. I wonder if that's possible or if Ashley has to implement it.

• [quote:2ou86vxc] QuaziGNRLnose It uses WebGL, so it is hardware accelerated (it's using the GPU)

Thank you for the kind words everyone, i'll keep working hard on the plugin to add features and examples/documentation as quickly as i can!

It's pretty impressive, keep it up! I just purchased it. Imagine developing a 3D editor plugin for C2. I wonder if that's possible or if Ashley has to implement it.

Even it proves impossible it would be easy to build a simple level editor that anyone can use. Thank you for the purchase, with every one you guys make it possible for me to devote more time to improving the plugin and making it something really great!

• QuaziGNRLnose

Amazing work! keep it up.

Bought your plugin. Thank you for making 3D dream come true for us C2 users.

• Is it possible to make a third person perspective yet?

• Is it possible to make a third person perspective yet?

The tiny tank demo is already in third person!

• Can you share some CAPX on how do you use the plugin together with Construct 2 on making the Tiny Tank ? Bullet collision together with your plugin and etc ?

• > Is it possible to make a third person perspective yet?

>

The tiny tank demo is already in third person!

I meant to say first, I got the camera looking up and down, I just cant seem to grasp it side to side.

I also have the camera moving forward, backward and side to side or strife

Also, how can I use multiple textures on an object? For example, most buildings and people have textures for certain aspects of the model

Thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)