Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Also need a way to choose which scene to put the objects in.

There doesn't appear to be a way to clear the renderer manually. Also, when rendering a scene, it appears to clear it as well, which makes it impossible to render two scenes?..

What do you mean clear the renderer manually? What do you need that for.

You choose the scene with the "pick scene" action in Q3DMaster. Then any action created objects are in the new scene. Also if you use "change parent to scene" objects will be put in the new scene, so you can code a simple function to move objects over. I didn't and won't include a scene chooser within the various plugin properties in editor for the main reason that the feature is only really intended for limited uses where multiple view-ports are needed, and is difficult to work with due to the abstraction, also there would be no easy way to initialize a new scene nicely in editor. It's not a lot of work to make a function that moves necessary objects over at layout start if you put all the models / etc in a family.

I don't fully understand what you want out of the renderer. Rendering doesn't clear the scenes (you must mean something else, that has to do with the clearing of buffers) also, I have no idea what you mean by clearing the renderer manually. Are you referring to the various settings three.js gives control over when rendering? Q3D doesn't allow access to those levels, but you can layer multiple renders by layering Q3D viewports.

As for the transparency, In general transparency in forward rendering is a difficult issue, and you might simply be running into depth sorting problems with no easy fix due to the design of forward renderer. In general you can use the the "depth settings" on the material of objects to control how they modify/read the depth buffer in rendering.

I'll look into the issues you've brought up when I have the time.

• Okay, I can render different scenes, and add objects.

I have the frame skip ratio to 0, and create actions to render each scene, but it clears the screen before rendering each scene.

If there were an option to turn autoclear to false on the renderer, that would allow rendering multiple scenes together. Then I'd be able to create a skybox.

also, sprites always render last, so they won't show up behind models with transparency. That's not something that can be fixed.

• All right, I managed to make something out of my test scene.

Try it, roll a ball, collect come points and win the game.

Try it, roll a ball, collect come points and win the game.

Hey! looks great! Maybe the ball runs too fast but as example is great. C2 Download sample?

• purplemonkey

Very cool! for the trees you can try creating compound colliders by using a thin cyclinder collider for the trunk and a sphere for the leafy ball. In debug mode you can trial and error and visualize the position of any extra colliders you add. this all has to be done with action however you can make it automated in the on-created trigger.

Prominent

You shouldn't need to mess around with manual rendering. If you make your scene background have 0 alpha and layer view-ports you can layer renders, however semi transparency wont cross between layers cause of the three.js renderer design. I will add more manual rendering features when I get a chance since you seem to be expressing interest and it wont take much work.

All transparent objects SHOULD render last, as this is the way transparency is generally handled in forward renderers. Opaque objects render in any order and sort using the z-buffer, and at the end transparent objects/sprites are sorted based on camera view-plane distance and rendered back to front. This should minimize all artifacts unless objects intersect, which is a problem that has no easy solution and is present in even modern renderers. If sprites are rendering last after the back to front rendering of transparent objects thats a three.js bug, but i dont recall this being the case.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8763 ... r-in-webgl

An image would help me diagnose what the issue you're having is. usually playing with material depth setting values and preventing the sprites/semi transparent objects from writing to the z-buffer works well, especially if its for smoke or special effects like explosions which utilize blending. Transparency is just an overall annoying problem. Sometimes the best solution is to not use a sprite at all, and instead a piece of flat geometry which is a cutout of the silhouette, so that the object can be opaque or mostly opaque, and the artifacts are minimized cause theres no edge-cases that lead to really bad transparency occlusion problems.

• purplemonkey:

Very nice scene! I really like the atmosphere--fog, clouds, use of color. It drew me in right away.

• purplemonkey

Very cool! for the trees you can try creating compound colliders by using a thin cyclinder collider for the trunk and a sphere for the leafy ball. In debug mode you can trial and error and visualize the position of any extra colliders you add. this all has to be done with action however you can make it automated in the on-created trigger.

Prominent

You shouldn't need to mess around with manual rendering. If you make your scene background have 0 alpha and layer view-ports you can layer renders, however semi transparency wont cross between layers cause of the three.js renderer design. I will add more manual rendering features when I get a chance since you seem to be expressing interest and it wont take much work.

All transparent objects SHOULD render last, as this is the way transparency is generally handled in forward renderers. Opaque objects render in any order and sort using the z-buffer, and at the end transparent objects/sprites are sorted based on camera view-plane distance and rendered back to front. This should minimize all artifacts unless objects intersect, which is a problem that has no easy solution and is present in even modern renderers. If sprites are rendering last after the back to front rendering of transparent objects thats a three.js bug, but i dont recall this being the case.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8763 ... r-in-webgl

An image would help me diagnose what the issue you're having is. usually playing with material depth setting values and preventing the sprites/semi transparent objects from writing to the z-buffer works well, especially if its for smoke or special effects like explosions which utilize blending. Transparency is just an overall annoying problem. Sometimes the best solution is to not use a sprite at all, and instead a piece of flat geometry which is a cutout of the silhouette, so that the object can be opaque or mostly opaque, and the artifacts are minimized cause theres no edge-cases that lead to really bad transparency occlusion problems.

Thanks.. I tried using viewports, and I'm able to create a skybox this way.

The other issue I had with sprites was what that link you have describes. A sprite is behind the geometry and so the part covered doesn't get rendered even if material is transparent. I can probably work around it by using models like you suggest, and putting stuff in another viewport with alpha if I have stuff that should render over any sprites..

does it require more processing to render multiple viewports?.. would it be more efficient to render to one? If it's more efficient to render to just one, adding the manual rendering actions would still be useful.

• > All right, I managed to make something out of my test scene.

> Try it, roll a ball, collect come points and win the game.

>

Hey! looks great! Maybe the ball runs too fast but as example is great. C2 Download sample?

Thanks! Eh, the code is all jumbled in this one, it wouldn't really be wise to share it. I might do do a simpler scene to share though.

purplemonkey

Good idea, I'll definitely try it out!

purplemonkey:

Very nice scene! I really like the atmosphere--fog, clouds, use of color. It drew me in right away.

Hey thanks, man!

QuaziGNRLnose How do I go about creating a ".qfx" shader? You said there were packaged files for download but I can't seem to find them. Also, would it be possible to implement things like AO (ambient occlusion) in scenes? How about post processing effects DOF (depth-of-field) or "god rays" and such?

Try it, dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2053779/Q3D_TEST/index.html roll a ball, collect come points and win the game.

would it be possible to make a tutorial as how you build this game using Q3D ......

or share the .capx file if possible so that other having problem can learn little bit .....

• purplemonkey

The shader system still has some issues that need to be fixed. The idea was to make stuff simple for things like AO but it was poorly designed for such things and needs heavy modifications.

• miketolsa

take a look at the raycaster example for an idea of how the picking can be done. After you have a surface and point you can find the nearest grid position by using this trick (which works in 2D aswell):

X = round(xposition/cellXsize)*cellXsize

Y = round(yposition/cellYsize)*cellYsize

Z = round(zposition/cellZsize)*cellZsize

This finds the X/Y/Z of the "closest" grid cell to a specified X/Y/Z position in a non-grid coordinate

But i tried it still can't get it working just like the minecraft example threejs.org

• when is exporting for android and other devices possible ?

• So, uh, what's the easiest way for a constant 3D GUI overlay? (I'm guessing I can't use 2D GUI methods)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • purplemonkey Just set q3dsprites relative to a position in front of the view port.

that way, the camera coords and rotation become the values you use for the sprites.

if this doesnt make any sense i apologize ive been up all night (working with q3d matter-of-factly)

• purplemonkey Just set q3dsprites relative to a position in front of the view port.

that way, the camera coords and rotation become the values you use for the sprites.

if this doesnt make any sense i apologize ive been up all night (working with q3d matter-of-factly)

Hmm, I want to use 3D object and not sprites, does this make a difference? I'm finding it a bit iffy to make a static UI with 3D objects that always follow the camera, even though it's rotating, always focusing on the player object as well as zooming in and out..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)