Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Its still extra overhead, and the string manipulation would be even slower than an if. Whats the issue with separate actions? Its essentially the same.

Q3DMaster is the most complex C2 plugin I have ever used, and I must say that it takes a lot of time to navigate among all those actions and find what you need. Particularly, I wouldn't mind to trade some micro optimizations for an easier to read event list. It would also make easier to refactor those events and quickly test different transform spaces. It may not seem like much, but when you can't count on the editor and have to do a lot through events, testing things all the time, every little speed up in development counts.

• Why not use the search the function to narrow down the actions?

• QuaziGNRLnose

How can i add solid for object, which was created in Q3D master?

• You can't do anything like that with objects created with Q3D Master, and you shouldn't really be using those objects very much since Q3D Models are better optimized in all cases for memory management / recycling. The objects created with Q3D Master are a remnant of the original system and are going to be deprecated eventually.

• How to make obj file work on this?

• QuaziGNRLnose

But, what if this object - geometry figure?

• How to make obj file work on this?

Make sure when you export that you triangulate faces and export normals for .obj, otherwise the model may not be visible.

• QuaziGNRLnose

But, what if this object - geometry figure?

Ive explained this a few times so check back if u want more detail:

You can load named geometry created with q3d master onto q3d models by writing "mygeometry.geom" as a model filename like you would for .obj/.json. This allows Q3D models to recognize theyre going to use a created geometry instead of download a model. So lets say you create a torus, name it "MyTorus", then with Q3D MODEL write "MyTorus.geom" where a model filename normally goes and it'll load the geometry.

• I exported from Modo to Blender with a fbx file, then set up Blender with an addon to export to json.

When I try to run the project, I am getting this error:

I also do not see any animation data in the json file when I open it with wordpad as was suggested on the previous page of this thread.

• Hey, I've got some questions about Q3D before I might buy it.

• Is the 3D stuff visible in C2? Or do I have to constantly jump between the editor and game engine to see what I'm doing?
    • Are you planning on making a demo version of Q3D?
    • You meantion lightmapping on your website. Do you mean baked lightmapping inside C2?
  • nice addon

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I exported from Modo to Blender with a fbx file, then set up Blender with an addon to export to json.

When I try to run the project, I am getting this error:

I also do not see any animation data in the json file when I open it with wordpad as was suggested on the previous page of this thread.

Something is not exporting properly i guess. someone explained a bit about the necessary set up here : (https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js/issues/6554)

Also read the error, and take it's suggestion. You need to add the behavior to the object and add a Q3D bone for a skeletal animation to work.

• Hasuak

I have no plans for a demo version.

You can achieve flat shading like in that picture, but the ambient occlusion isn't something that can be easily achieved (i'm not sure what you're asking, if flat shading is possible, or if AO is possible). You could get a look close to that though with shadows and lighting and perhaps fog.

Some 3D is visible in the editor, but it's limited since C2 doesn't allow plugin developers do to things that modify the editor. Right now you can mock up scenes with boxes from a top/side view, there is no "movable" camera even though i'd like to add one. The default camera setup matches the view in the editor. hopefully C3 will allow me to do more. In practice it's not a big chore to set things up even with the limited editor view.

The light mapping isn't done in C2 (again editor limitations prevent me from adding this kind of thing, and hopefully it'll be possible with C3), it'd be up to your tool, but theres support for secondary UV's for a lightmap texture if you want to apply a lightmap to objects made in your 3D software independent of the diffuse map.

• Dear QuaziGNRLnose, I am sorry to ask you again, but am eagerly waiting on some fix for the visibility issue. Will be very glad even if you can help me just fix this one as I am waiting a production release to my client. Thanks a lot and really appreciate your help.

• Dear QuaziGNRLnose, I am sorry to ask you again, but am eagerly waiting on some fix for the visibility issue. Will be very glad even if you can help me just fix this one as I am waiting a production release to my client. Thanks a lot and really appreciate your help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)