Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • QuaziGNRLnose

I'm glad to hear it! I'm still wondering how hard is it to use though, since I can't look directly at the examples...

In any case, I'll buy it by the end of the month to try it out - even if it turns out too complicated for me, I'm glad I'm supporting you guys.

Thanks for the plugin!

• QuaziGNRLnose

Thanks for a great plugin! It took me a while to figure out some of the basics (and relearn how to use Blender), but now I can go to bed happy after staying up way too late. Seeing my first 3D model fully textured and animated really made my day, which is kind of funny, since I've had years of experience with Unity3D (and still use it). I look forward to the coming updates. Thanks again!

• QuaziGNRLnose, I have downloaded this version. However my previous app that uses Q3DMaster with BLACK background color now renders it as white with 2.4 version? It used to render in Black till I downloaded this version. I am unable to figure out what is causing this. Everything was the same except for this change...Could you please help me with it? I am using Render mode - Behind fyi...

• kmsravindra

All i can think of is that there was a change with Q3D sprite (due to a bugfix in three.js) which now makes "sprites" in three.js scale with their "control box" (this previously didn't happen). So check if you have any Q3D sprites with XYZ size greater than 1,1,1, by default they in 2.3 used to have something like 100,100,100, but now in 2.4 i changed it to 1,1,1 because this problem was occurring. The migration would have messed this up and i forgot. set the value to 1,1,1 if you want their size to be the same as the one shown in the layout. they might be growing very large and covering the screen in the background or something.

• QuaziGNRLnose

Have you seen this? Maybe it can be usefull?

https://playcanvas.com/

• irina

Yea I've seen it, it's basically just three.js+some libraries that you have to pay for though so i wouldn't really call it great. All the coding is done in javascript and three.js already has an editor that can do what it can for the most part. the advantage of Q3D over these systems (playcanvas/blend for web) is that you can do all the coding super easily with the super classes / picking and event sheet editor Q3D makes available. It'll take you 5 minutes to make pong in Q3D+C2 vs. 30 in playcanvas etc. and the construct 2 engine is a lot better in terms of handling input/sound etc. than any of those other engines. This is the main reason i started this project even with those other ones available, the work flow makes things really fast once you're familiar.

• if I ll try to create many objects with your physics behavior by Right mouse button clicking ,,, it says ....

Javascript error!

Uncaught TypeError : Cannot read property 'pair' of undefined

http:// localhost:5000/Oimo.js, line 11059(col 22)

maybe bug ?

• Ralph

Can you send me the .capx, that's a strange issue that i haven't run into, and i've created lots of objects, otherwise i can't help.

• Ralph

Can you send me the .capx, that's a strange issue that i haven't run into, and i've created lots of objects, otherwise i can't help.

I've solved this,,, ,,, fail i did was,,,,, that i had after create object ACTION ,,---->

-----> q3dmorphcontroller: play morph animation "default" from current possition

after disabling this,,, it works perfect....... so i have to use

OnCreated -----> q3dmorphcontroller: play morph animation "default" from current possition

Great Great Plugin,,, hat off !

• Ralph

So,, it wasnt that problem sorry,, i found its it is happening when u are creating object with CAPSULE physics body,, ,,, if i set it to collider shape,, it works

i've tried it many times with box, sphere, cylinder, use collider shape,,,,, but finaly CAPSULE is wrong

try simply : ON right mouse button : system/create object at ray x,y on ground with CAPSULE set,and create create click click that button to create many objects,, this should be bug

• I still can't reproduce it, please send me a .capx or i can't do anything about it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Official RTS with Q3D example :3 ?

• Joannesalfa

Modified RTS Template .capx

Keep in mind it's kind of poorly done, i just did it quickly. It's basically 3D graphics slapped ontop of the RTS template.

• QuaziGNRLnose, I figured out that the problem was happening due to material color and emmissive color. Earlier with v2.3 I had set the material color to black and emissive color to white ( for a black sky diffuseMap). Now I had to set this inversely meaning ...material color to white and emissive color to black! Only then it showed up the black sky...Does it mean anything?

Also I am facing an issue when I use same Q3DMaster and Q3DObjects across 2 layouts..When I move from first layout where the Q3Dmodels are already loaded to another layout that uses the same Q3Dobjects/Q3DMaster then it encounters few javascript errors ( because these models were already loaded in the previous layouts). I had to check manually in the code to see if the models are already loaded then perform few actions and if the models are not loaded already then perform different set of actions...Any elegant way to circumvent such issues when moving between layouts that use the same Q3Dobjects and Q3DMaster?

Thanks for your help.

• kmsravindra

a black material color has always made the entire thing black, since it multiplies the diffuse map, and emissive of black means 0 emissive so the object needs to be lit up, i don't know the specifics of your project but nothing has changed with regards to that so the issue is your mistake most likely.

I don't understand what you mean by the "same Q3D Master" and "same Q3D Objects". I need a minimal capx with the issue to see what's causing it. There are a lot of complex elements and i need a project that clearly demonstrates any bug, as it's not very obvious what was done to cause it and text posts don't do a good job explaining the issue, especially through a language barrier. All i can say is i tested switching between two layout and it works fine for me, so you must be doing something specific that I havent tried.

In general changing layout is a bit iffy with Q3D Master, so it's a good idea to just have one object that's global if possible, since Q3D Master will never be destroyed in this case, preventing some weird things from happening. Make sure multiple Q3D Master never exist simultaneously.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)