Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

3 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • it should be an engine for all kinds of games I think , and the strain is what u self put in to ur gameplay for what purpose game you are going for.

and if u look at what the consumer wants ,then its the new fancy thing thats atract them usually at least , in my

experience and in my knowlish and opinion , but sure u can disagree , its a free world of coz

• but hey u can be my friend due to diffrent opinions , its not drawing any more cpu then the shadow system

2d shadow actully draw more power cpu strangly enogh

• Wow! This is really awesome! Instant buy for me

• I bought this, it's still kinda new and it seems that it lacks some of three.js' functionalities.

We really need a documentation, some tutorials and some practical ingame usage examples.

But there's time. Very nice job and keep up the good work!

• QuaziGNRLnose

The plugin is using old version of three.js , on github it is version R67 but you are still using R66. Can you update it ?

• Will there at any point be possible to implement character models with animated rigs and animations? If so this plugin alone will solve a huge memory issue for me!

• Personally, I have absolutely no interest in C2 attempting to integrate 3D, as I think it will put too much strain on the engine. I'm hoping Ashley will agree.

I would be interested to see a straw poll of how many users are actually really interested in this, because it reminds of the calls for the Spritefont+ plugin to be integrated, even though barely 400 people downloaded the plugin.

It is sometimes difficult to gauge accurately if something is really of interest without some quantitative measure to look at.

Just my 2 cents.

i think ashley is jumping for joy right now... with this plugin (if it get more stable more fuctional and more polished) c2 will have something that the competitors dont have. that means more fame that means more downloads and that means more incomes. thats the final goal of every project right? unity was only a 3d engine and then they start supporting 2d as well. i dont think that they are stupid. they try to take a greater number of new customers by their side and give a new "toy" to the existing buyers/users to play with. ITS BUISINESS

And maybe now you dont interested about 3d but who knows in the future? Maybe you will. Its good always to have more than you need from a product, cause you have alternatives. and the power of choice is something unpriceable.

• QuaziGNRLnose I am very interested in this plugin. However, I do have a question. Can a sprite be drawn in the 3d scene? As it's described, "Overlay the 3D canvas with 2D elements like text and sprites." it seems like you can't and the sprites will just be drawn on top. So is it possible to create a 3d level with 2d characters in it? The functionality I'm looking for is similar to Construct Classic's implementation.

Edit: I think I found the answer, you need two 3d canvases and a 2d one in the middle so they can't actually interact.

• Really you made the C2 standards much higher.It is a very long dream for me to built 3D games in C2. Awesome keep up the good work guys

• just playing around with it, I made a little 3D platformer demo

demo: http://funandfunnygames.com/demo/3dtestplatform

source: http://funandfunnygames.com/demo/3dtest ... orm3d.capx

also here's an 8 directional test, just changed the platform behavior to 8-directional

http://funandfunnygames.com/demo/3dtest8dir

• I'm at a loss of words. This is just what I've been waiting for Scirra. 3D support on a game engine that doesn't require programming knowledge. But before I'm paying, I'd like to know a few things.

• Can I make games with flat shading. If so, does it still support shadows without shading the surfaces?
    • Does it support animated models?
  • QuaziGNRLnose I wonder if physics could be added using this? --> http://chandlerprall.github.io/Physijs/

• This is incredible!

Looking forward to animation support.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ♥ it

i wonder if after this, we will get an official 3d set of commands from Scirra!

• Impressive, mostly 30fps. I like how you don't need to install a plugin for your browser unlike a unity 3D game, its very cool from a user experience point of view. But does this mean that a Construct 3D game won't be able to take full advantage of a computer's GPU? (I understand that unity 3D's plugin allows full access to the GPU, am I wrong?)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)