Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

3 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • QuaziGNRLnose

Can you request or give suggestions to Ashley on improving C2 Editor to communicate more with your plugin ? I think the same thing happen with lucid and Ashley on Spriter plugin. Ashley needed to modify and make changes for the scml importer for C2.

Can we use physics with this ?

• what about exporting and importing from the official scene editor?

http://threejs.org/editor/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • my first 3D mockUp

• Would be cool if Scirra worked with these 3D guys to get the layout editor with 3D camera controls, so you can actually place things in a 3D environment. Though I don't see that ever happening.

Yeah I don't see that happening. 2D and 3D is actually very different. They would have to redesign so much. The plugin system is a stroke of genius to keep the engine useful for as long as possible. Similar to how Warcraft 3 stayed alive for so many years. Because of a build in editor.

• I've been working on the edittime sub-plugin that will allow you to manipulate objects like regular sprites, apply behaviours etc.

it looks like this atm:

any suggestions?

Looks great!

• > Would be cool if Scirra worked with these 3D guys to get the layout editor with 3D camera controls, so you can actually place things in a 3D environment. Though I don't see that ever happening.

>

Yeah I don't see that happening. 2D and 3D is actually very different. They would have to redesign so much. The plugin system is a stroke of genius to keep the engine useful for as long as possible. Similar to how Warcraft 3 stayed alive for so many years. Because of a build in editor.

Support for the official three.js scene editor will probably come, so people will be able to at least use that.

• > Oh wow, that's cool as! Would you be able to do like camera rotation with the middle mouse button or whatever? A future amazing thing like newt pointed out, would be oculus rift rendering

>

Not in the editor, the SDK doesn't give me very much control over how things will work in the editor, so drawing wireframes/simple faces from a fixed orthographic view is all i can really do.

actually I beleave this start is just the peek of the iceberg , this plugin has potensials as I see it .

just one thing i noticed , you must look in to wmax window auto adjust resize of the 3d canvas .

but awsome great work so far

and mixing 2D and 3D makes this the best userfriendly engine , and I see c2 then got a verry good future ahead

• Strange that Ashley did not comment anything on this C2 "evolution".... ?

• Personally, I have absolutely no interest in C2 attempting to integrate 3D, as I think it will put too much strain on the engine. I'm hoping Ashley will agree.

I would be interested to see a straw poll of how many users are actually really interested in this, because it reminds of the calls for the Spritefont+ plugin to be integrated, even though barely 400 people downloaded the plugin.

It is sometimes difficult to gauge accurately if something is really of interest without some quantitative measure to look at.

Just my 2 cents.

• zenox98 - just because you aren't interested in 3D doesn't mean others aren't, so why would you hope for the plugin to put 'too much strain' on the engine? You don't have to use it if you don't want to. Optimally it would work just fine - as it has already been shown to - and we can have both.

• Personally, I have absolutely no interest in C2 attempting to integrate 3D, as I think it will put too much strain on the engine. I'm hoping Ashley will agree.

I would be interested to see a straw poll of how many users are actually really interested in this, because it reminds of the calls for the Spritefont+ plugin to be integrated, even though barely 400 people downloaded the plugin.

It is sometimes difficult to gauge accurately if something is really of interest without some quantitative measure to look at.

Just my 2 cents.

hmm yet an other game killer pesimist , not need to u use it if u dont want to , its the future and its not so complicated as it may look . everybody should use spritefont text if mobile games , 3D is for pc gameing ,

and it should be an engine for all kinds of games i beleave

• Just my opinion, an we are all entitled to our own opinions after all. Being aggressive to those who don't agree is not really necessary.

• zenox98 - just because you aren't interested in 3D doesn't mean others aren't, so why would you hope for the plugin to put 'too much strain' on the engine? You don't have to use it if you don't want to. Optimally it would work just fine - as it has already been shown to - and we can have both.

yes correct think posetive and creative and keep an open mind its my moto allso

• Just my opinion, an we are all entitled to our own opinions after all. Being aggressive to those who don't agree is not really necessary.

its not aggresive its just an disagrement back , but I accept your opinion , and meaning to just discussing back

sorry if offended u

but u go a step further then that , u r trying to manipulate ashley over to ur side ?? that is unpolite in my opinion

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)