Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • QuaziGNRLnose

Tried the "Simple Scene Demo" capx, export to Cocoonjs without minify option enabled and got error. Will you support CocoonJS in next update ?

Supporting CocoonJS is not planned, only web and desktop are supported. The performance of mobile platforms isn't quite good enough with three.js from what i tested/researched to bother putting the work in to support CocoonJS at the time. My policy is to rely on mobile web developers / phone developers to work out their end of WebGL support rather than have constant trouble and endless / impossible work supporting them. This may change in the future but right now its not planned.

• > QuaziGNRLnose

>

> Tried the "Simple Scene Demo" capx, export to Cocoonjs without minify option enabled and got error. Will you support CocoonJS in next update ?

>

Supporting CocoonJS is not planned, only web and desktop are supported. The performance of mobile platforms isn't quite good enough with three.js from what i tested/researched to bother putting the work in to support CocoonJS at the time. My policy is to rely on mobile web developers / phone developers to work out their end of WebGL support rather than have constant trouble and endless / impossible work supporting them. This may change in the future but right now its not planned.

Try crosswalk,My crosswalk working good

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Hello, I'm buyer of your Plugin. Please reply my email. Btw you do very nice work

>

who have you emailed? i haven't received any PM's from you on this site. Thank you for the compliment!

fongka2

Transparent textures are supported, however you must adjust the settings for it to work properly. There is an action for materials where you can control transparency/opacity options. I believe you must enable transparency while leaving the opacity at 100% for the alpha map to work properly. You can also set an alpha test value or a blend mode on the material. Transparency in 3D can sometimes turn out weird because of the way the rasterizer works. Let me know if you need more help!

nonono...I know how to set object full Transparent

but what i need is part of Transparent

like windows=Transparent,door= not Transparent

i made transparent part 3dsmax

but seems not support your plugin

• fongka2

I stated instruction on how to allow your textures transparency to work, you need to enable "Transparency" while keeping the opacity at 100%, this should allow your pngs transparenchy to work. This is necessary so that the renderer understands it needs to apply special treatment to that particular material/texture etc. Transparency is supported but tricky, as it requires the rasterizer to do extra work maintaining sort and draw orders. there are alpha test, depth test and depth write settings you can modify to play with how transparency is handled for particular materials.

• fongka2

I stated instruction on how to allow your textures transparency to work, you need to enable "Transparency" while keeping the opacity at 100%, this should allow your pngs transparenchy to work. This is necessary so that the renderer understands it needs to apply special treatment to that particular material/texture etc. Transparency is supported but tricky, as it requires the rasterizer to do extra work maintaining sort and draw orders. there are alpha test, depth test and depth write settings you can modify to play with how transparency is handled for particular materials.

Well...problem solved thankyou!

here is my forward list

1:Animation support

2:really 3D collision detection(Not 2D x,y)

3:Screen mouse XY <> Q3D world XY

4:faster update release

• Anybody done a fps demo yet? Maybe something based on quake? Or just original...really, anything would be neat to see.

i'M TRYING

But just feel this version/this plugin

IS NOT FOR FPS GAME

i guess this plugin is for you change your 2d game in 3d

What is this plugin for?(now) = game system basic on 2D,and set 2d item invisible,then use 3D to show those 2D item

But...QuaziGNRLnose Said next version will add more function like 3D collision detection

when you get 3D collision detection you can start to do some really 3D game

(Animation still a problem)

• fongka2

I'm working on this plugin whenever i have free time to do so, but as the tiny tank demo proves a lot can already be done with it. You could very much make a quake style fps as things are now, although you'll have to program simple 3D collision detection yourself. Tiny Tank has 3D physics/collisions which were made using events so an fps should be very easy in comparison. Animation will likely come in the future, but again I update at the pace that i can. Read up on 3D collision detection, sphere-sphere collisions are incredibly easy to implement:

http://studiofreya.com/3d-math-and-phys ... -response/

The plugin is taking a long time because it implements more complicated collision primitives and uses a spatial hashing scheme to accelerate things, but for simple 3D collisions like you'd need for DOOM sphere-sphere aswell as constructs collision system should be very useful

Also, obtaining mouse coordinates in the 3D space is based on your camera position, field of view and your window size, as well as the plane you wish to project onto, it's not something that the plugin can't do, its something you must use math specific to your requirements to solve.

• fongka2

I'm working on this plugin whenever i have free time to do so, but as the tiny tank demo proves a lot can already be done with it. You could very much make a quake style fps as things are now, although you'll have to program simple 3D collision detection yourself. Tiny Tank has 3D physics/collisions which were made using events so an fps should be very easy in comparison. Animation will likely come in the future, but again I update at the pace that i can. Read up on 3D collision detection, sphere-sphere collisions are incredibly easy to implement:

http://studiofreya.com/3d-math-and-phys ... -response/

The plugin is taking a long time because it implements more complicated collision primitives and uses a spatial hashing scheme to accelerate things, but for simple 3D collisions like you'd need for DOOM sphere-sphere aswell as constructs collision system should be very useful

Also, obtaining mouse coordinates in the 3D space is based on your camera position, field of view and your window size, as well as the plane you wish to project onto, it's not something that the plugin can't do, its something you must use math specific to your requirements to solve.

What i think is Answer the questions = useless

You should upload a 100% really FPS/TInyTank demo .CAPX here

Then i think no one will ask you question anymore

• fongka2 Him posting a .CAPX would not help you if you can't follow his instructions and math examples already. Unlike most 2D components, 3D will not be so easy to copy-and-paste and it would be a real waste of his time making an FPS example when the plugin itself can be enhanced even more instead.

Unfortunately I don't have the time right now, but if you take a look at the Wolfenstein example for Construct Classic you'll see that it's entirely possible to do basic 3D collision using 2D objects and then rendering a 3D view.

• fongka2 Him posting a .CAPX would not help you if you can't follow his instructions and math examples already. Unlike most 2D components, 3D will not be so easy to copy-and-paste and it would be a real waste of his time making an FPS example when the plugin itself can be enhanced even more instead.

Unfortunately I don't have the time right now, but if you take a look at the Wolfenstein example for Construct Classic you'll see that it's entirely possible to do basic 3D collision using 2D objects and then rendering a 3D view.

Yeah.but there are so many thing seems is impossiblefep@using plugin

I don't believe you can make Tiny Tank by this version

• Hey I'm considering checking out this plug

Is it possible to apply C2 webgl 2d effects on the 3d rendered layer?

With the "inside" mode?

like a glow for example

• fongka2

if you don't believe it, you could always look at the html5 source which is not minified. Tiny Tank works with all the functions you're able to use. You will not be able to copy anything from Tiny Tank if you don't. Tiny tank is possible because i have experience using construct and writing Verlet physics engines in construct, I don't want to release the source because I don't want a million simple clones of a complicated game invariably appearing everywhere which are too time consuming to debug. This is the reason Ashley made the ghost shooter demo simple.

When i release the new version i'll work on an FPS example, but i'm not doing it before that because it's not something a novice will be able to easily follow. Consider looking at the Wolfenstein example jay jay was pointing you to for the time being.

lemo

Yes using the inside mode you can apply what i'd describe as "full layer" effects to the 3D canvas. Obviously you can't apply effects to the individual objects within the layer, but i think you understand this by the nature of your question

• I Believe in new version!

• QuaziGNRLnose

I am a little confused , is it using three.js r66 , r67 or r68

• istavang

current version is r67.

The update is migrated to r68.

I haven't fully tested if this has broken some things.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)