Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • i think that the update will be ready after the summer. the problem is that at least the developer should have some tutorials before selling it. all the programs have tutorials and "how to" documents even the most simple.

• I bought your plugin today and was testing it's features, but I'm having problems with getting the object matrix to work.

By seeing Tiny Tank I guess you used the object matrix to do the skew on the tank parts. So I set a shear matrix and tried both the manual and auto update, but the object doesn't show any difference. Am I missing something?

I tried a lot of different values and searched for an action or property to maybe enable the feature but couldn't find anything.

• I bought your plugin today and was testing it's features, but I'm having problems with getting the object matrix to work.

By seeing Tiny Tank I guess you used the object matrix to do the skew on the tank parts. So I set a shear matrix and tried both the manual and auto update, but the object doesn't show any difference. Am I missing something?

I tried a lot of different values and searched for an action or property to maybe enable the feature but couldn't find anything.

You're correct, you should be able to use the matrix feature, all you have to do is set "Matrix Update Mode" to "Don't Auto Update" and then when you set the matrix manually you should see the result. I think you were mistakenly using "Update Object Matrix" after manually setting the matrix, which effectively wipes the custom settings you manually set with "set object matrix". "Update Object Matrix" is used to convert the objects current rotation/scale/position into the object matrix (these are actually different value than the matrix itself).

TL:DR

Turn off auto updating, set the matrix manually and you should see the results.

• I bought your excellent plugin last night QuaziGNRLnose

You have pulled me back into C2 and considering upgrading to the business edition. (which is something Scirra may well see more of by supporting you in some way) Web 3D is part of my master plan and you may well have started the the ultimate solution.

I found out about this plugin over at the blender artists forum by the way.

Any plans on supporting Collada as a 3D file format?

Cheers,

Marc

• mrmdesign Ah, could you link me to the post which lead you here? I'm curious.

For those asking, I'm still working on collision detection, and trying to iron out some new performance issues/bugs a chrome update has caused, i might migrate from three.js 66 to 68 as well, since this might fix the performance issue and some other bugs.

• Blend4Web is also very awesome. It lacks a visual scripting system at the moment which is why someone brought up q3d.

• Any idea when we can expect the update and would please consider making the main demo project available. Please.

• TheDom when it's ready.

• Any idea when we can expect the update and would please consider making the main demo project available. Please.

The main demo is too complex, messy, and lacks the coments to be used as a learning resource, it was never designed with that intention. You'd be better off looking at the plugin source.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Too Good , i just got know about this plugin and was excited too much, good work friend , I think you can make some videos or something like that to show us more about your awesome plugin, I will be buying in future for sure.

• TheDom when it's ready.

Are you a developer of this plugin?

• TheDom

He's not, but hes just aware of the fact i don't ever set hard deadlines. I'm not sure when the update will be completed, i'm working on it when i can, and collision detection is proving difficult to get right.

• It really sounds awesome!

Approaching the development of 3D games for beginners.

I hope that later has a similar construct and several examples manual.

For me it can be a serious purchase.

• Only just found out about Q3D but very excited, bought the plugin straight away!

Looking forward to seeing how it progresses (and the documentation - when it's ready!) but it looks like there's plenty to play around with in the mean time.

Great work QuaziGNRLnose !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)