Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

3 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • You could try to ask on the unoffical/official discord channel for help.

discord.gg/Pc3p4N

• thanks totoe

• QuaziGNRLnose It seems that there's some kind of issue with Q3DOimoPhysics and the "Physics body". If I have "Debug body" enabled and add/remove change shape/size everything seems to work fine but as soon as I disable "Debug body" the "Physics body" reverts to its default form.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

purplemonkey Is it fixed? :D

• Never heard anything about my rendering issue. guess it's time to improvise.

I ended up creating a new object I named "Imposter". what the imposter does is copy the world at an offset. creating multiple copies of the same space but so far away they don't see the other worlds. I then place each players camera in their Imposter world.

youtu.be/d18RzjRillU

this does mean that the strain on performance will grow exponentially . but considering I plan to get assets simple it should be fine. plus I can still do optimizations. such as only spawning imposter sprites if that player could see it anyway

• adding a horde based survival mode.

I am adding it so that way you can play on your own. but it will still work online for co op play

Are u using cell shading shader for q3d?

• > adding a horde based survival mode.

>

>

>

> I am adding it so that way you can play on your own. but it will still work online for co op play

Are u using cell shading shader for q3d?

no. that is how the sprite looks. (I use billboarding like in doom)

• > > adding a horde based survival mode.

> >

> >

> >

> > I am adding it so that way you can play on your own. but it will still work online for co op play

>

> Are u using cell shading shader for q3d?

no. that is how the sprite looks. (I use billboarding like in doom)

Cool! Best way! ;) Are you using any shaders at all? Are there even any avaible?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • megatronx

There are shaders but I am not using any. the toon shade was added with the tool I rendered the sprites with.

• The animations for the player object

The first number in the animations name is the direction (360 / 8)and the second is the action ("S" meant slide I think and "i" means idle). The animations name represents the direction (of the 8 possible facings) and the frame represents how far into an animation it is playing"

So I set the direction by only changing the number in the name with Set animation({direction to face}& right(player,animationname,1))

the same is true the other way around. so when want to play an action (idle. stiffing, ect) I reverse it

set animation(left(player.animationname,1) & {action}

I have shelved the project for now tho. I was having a hard time getting people to test with and I doubted the game would be a success. So I decided to work on another project

• The animations for the player object

The first number in the animations name is the direction (360 / 8)and the second is the action ("S" meant slide I think and "i" means idle). The animations name represents the direction (of the 8 possible facings) and the frame represents how far into an animation it is playing"

So I set the direction by only changing the number in the name with Set animation({direction to face}& right(player,animationname,1))

the same is true the other way around. so when want to play an action (idle. stiffing, ect) I reverse it

set animation(left(player.animationname,1) & {action}

I have shelved the project for now tho. I was having a hard time getting people to test with and I doubted the game would be a success. So I decided to work on another project

seems very nice thing but ppl like me less expert in this will need tutorial to learn this. Could you please share a tutorial link for this ? thanks in advance

• jatin1726 if I ever get a free moment I will make an example of how I do bilboarding sprites. but life is crazy for me at the moment.

• jatin1726 if I ever get a free moment I will make an example of how I do bilboarding sprites. but life is crazy for me at the moment.

I will wish u get peace and prosperity soon for all your hardwork. and really looking forward to your this tutorial. God bless u.

• Does this plugin even work? The only demo; Tiny Tank doesn't run (errors with : context.listener.setVelocity is not a function)

And I dont see anything from the developer.

If I could see a working demo of it running with Construct 3 I'd be more than happy to buy it.

Or is it dead?

Thanks

• I've not seen any official updates in a while and tried to reach out to the developer several times over the last year (I lost my login so was trying to forward my invoice recipet on to get a copy of the plugin again) - I think its dead :(

• Grimmy Mayfly the plugin has been discontinued. So no new updates sadly.

the plugin is not compatible with C3 I believe. but It works fine for C2 provided you just wanna do simple stuff. for example, I use it for billboarding to great effect in these 2 examples

youtu.be/LsrGQtpUl-I

youtu.be/DLjIfMGMnYw

It works great for my needs as I love that doom sprite look. However, I would not say it's useful for true 3D. As most of the functions are half-finished. So while it can load 3d objects and move a camera around them with ease it has poor animation support, limited physics, and even worse documentation.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)