a 3D plugin for Construct 2 powered by three.js
Buy / Download
Q3D allows you to create entire 3D games, or supplement existing 2D games with 3D backgrounds or overlays, with all programming done in the Construct 2 event sheet.
Check out the TINY TANK demo for an idea of what's possible with the Q3D plugin!
Tiny Tank Feature Demo
These are commented examples .capx files for those who have purchased the plugin, it is recommended users view them in the order they are placed here:
Simple Scene Demo: Download HTML
Simple File Loading Demo: Download HTML
(Splitscreen) Simple Viewport Demo : Download HTML
3D WebGL canvas rendering inside Construct 2, using three.js
- Supplement the power of Construct 2 with the 3D capabilties of three.js
- Overlay the 3D canvas with 2D elements like text and sprites.
- Control rendering resolution at runtime
- Support for anti-aliasing
- Easy loading of 3D models in .obj, and three.js JSON format
- Generate objects from built in geometric primitives with controllable parameters
- Plane, Circle plane, Ring plane, Cube, Cylinder, Sphere, Icosahedron, Octahedron, Tetrahedron, Torus, Torus knot
- Control 3D object position, rotation and scale in local and world space using various helper functions, or their transformation matrix directly
- Parent and group 3D objects to create articulated transformation hierarchies (example: tank turret, jointed arm, wheel on chassis, etc.)
- 2D billboard sprites. (camera facing polygons, for effects like smoke, fire, etc.)
- Clone existing hierarchies to make copies of complex groups easily.
- Give objects custom variables
- Retrieve object position, rotation, scale directly from the matrix.
- Control object appearance through materials and visibility.
Multiple scenes, cameras, viewports:
- Control scene background color, fog (color and type)
- Control camera projection modes, FOV, frustum shape, position and orientation
- Add, edit and remove multiple viewports at runtime for rendering splitscreen views, different view angles, GUI, or seperate scenes, simultaneously
Flexible materials system:
- Material shading models such as Phong, Lambert, Basic, as well as depth and normal based materials for other purposes
- Material properties like color, specular, ambient, emissive, opacity, blending, shading, wireframe and so forth can be changed at runtime
- Textures can be used for diffuse, specular, environment, bump, and normal mapping
- realtime cube mapping supported for dynamic reflections
- Texture properties can be changed at runtime, such as UV offsets, UV repeat, anisotrophy, image reference
- Various light types: spot, ambient, directional, hemisphere, and point
- Shadow mapping for spot and directional lights
- Control color, intensity, falloff, shadow darkness, position and direction, at runtime
- Control shadow filtering (unfiltered, PCF, PCF-Soft)
- Lights controlled through the same system as 3D objects.
- Light helpers to visualize position, direction and shadow frustums.
- Grid and axis helpers to help visualize orientation
- Bounding box visualization.
Specify how the 3D canvas is integrated with Construct with 3 simple modes:
- Above: A new canvas is created and placed above the Construct canvas (with it's CSS styling controlled by the construct object)
- Below: same as above, except it's placed under.
- Inside: Slower mode, where the canvas is rendered in Construct (like a sprite)
- Easy window fitting can be enabled as well.
- Projected ray picking using a camera
- For each loop
New features will be added incrementally.
ACE / Properties:
i just bought it last week when i first seen the forum post!:) its awsome it actually imports 3d models and you can resize etc ! but i still need some tutorials so i can properly use it! are there any?! if you can do some tutorials for how to make a 3d model animated and move it as in your tank demo! and do that platform thing wold be awsome! cause will give us a better understanding ( to all that wants to use it but dont know how or are starters) thanks for the plugin you just made construct2 look as unity3d for html5! XD awsome job dude your awsome!