Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Honestly ... did you really done it with C3, or was it pure ThreeJS controlls ? Can´t believe it. One thing i noticed: it seems you use "WebAssembly", which is nice. But i would build in a drawback to ASM.js or something similar. Because i can´t play it on older machines / browsers. Especially don´t use WebGL 2.0 , because it is not wide spreaded and performance in comparison to 1.0 isn´t so nice. If you done it in combo with C3, it seems like good progress !

• Honestly ... did you really done it with C3, or was it pure ThreeJS controlls ? Can´t believe it. One thing i noticed: it seems you use "WebAssembly", which is nice. But i would build in a drawback to ASM.js or something similar. Because i can´t play it on older machines / browsers. Especially don´t use WebGL 2.0 , because it is not wide spreaded and performance in comparison to 1.0 isn´t so nice. If you done it in combo with C3, it seems like good progress !

The control is completely over construct 3 (8 Dir movement). But, i think the better engine is babylon.js .

(Better documented etc)

The fastest way is, to place the babylon (or three.js) canvas behind the construct canvas. It't not a good idea (performance), to copy the babylon canvas to the construct canvas.

• Agreed. Q3D gave the option of doing it either way. For our Q3D game “Robot Rumble”, we ended up placing the three.js canvas behind for performance reasons.

• The fastest way is, to place the babylon (or three.js) canvas behind the construct canvas. It't not a good idea (performance), to copy the babylon canvas to the construct canvas.

that is what Q3D has also, as options, render in front and behind for performance boost or in-canvas but at the cost of performance. however the in-canvas rendering if you mean the game to be targeting desktop machines, the performance isn't a problem, on my test with Q3D in-canvas there is a bit of performance hog, but nothing a modern desktop pc can't handle. i seen like a 5% increase in CPU/GPU for in-canvas. Mobile wise any of the options are not really recommended, as the three.js isn't that light weight at all is very heavy.

• For who is looking for the example files or manual, i took the liberty to upload them to my google drive they should be available as long as google drive doesn't close their services in the future.

Download Examples + Manual

Examples

Manual

In case you forgot how to download Q3D if you purchased it, here is the link

That being said, it still remains useful for C2 projects.

My last test shows compatibility with latest Construct2 Stable Version for desktop and browser - i didn't yet tested on mobile platforms.

(don't forget if you are using it in your project, don't minimize/scramble your script it will stop working)

Bless you! I am very disappointed that they did not finish the manual at least for this plugin. I was really hoping to be able to reference vertex, edges, and polys on imported models and have better access behaviors over time but I assume I'll have to wait for another plugin or just plain do it myself via a array as I am now.

• Hello. Is this plugin compatible with Construct 3? I know I may be answering a question already answered, but personally, I would prefer to ask rather than ramble through 100-1000 pages of topic only to find nothing on the subject. Thanks in advance anyway. ^-^

• Hello. Is this plugin compatible with Construct 3? I know I may be answering a question already answered, but personally, I would prefer to ask rather than ramble through 100-1000 pages of topic only to find nothing on the subject. Thanks in advance anyway. ^-^

Unfortunately, no. Several of us are eagerly awaiting a 3D solution for Construct 3.

• > Hello. Is this plugin compatible with Construct 3? I know I may be answering a question already answered, but personally, I would prefer to ask rather than ramble through 100-1000 pages of topic only to find nothing on the subject. Thanks in advance anyway. ^-^

Unfortunately, no. Several of us are eagerly awaiting a 3D solution for Construct 3.

I'm working on a 3D-Solution for CS3. But i'm not very fast at the moment... too many work, not enough time for everthing...

• I've been having this weird problem with skeletal animation. When I zoom out on the Z axis I can see that my animation has been, what I theorize as "inversely scaled"? I made a gif to show whats happening : imgur.com/a/aLh1fMk

I didn't notice this until I made my game multiplayer and the animation would be colliding into other people, completely covering the screen. Anyone else getting this issue? I'm using the Three.js exporter suggested in the manual from blender if that information helps. :)

EDIT:

I solved the problem! I guess this is some sort of debug feature. Once I set the Q3DBone to invisible it was okay. I've been trying to figure this out for over a year and the day after I finally get frustrated enough to ask for help I solve it the next day lol. Go figure. Anyway back to work, loving this add-on :)

• QuaziGNRLnose , I modified the q3dsprite runtime to fix the flipping/mirroring.

I added the following code at line 528

> //make sure flip and mirror work
    if(this.sprite.scale.x<0)this.sprite.material.map.offset.x = 1, this.sprite.material.map.repeat.x = -1;
    else this.sprite.material.map.offset.x = 0, this.sprite.material.map.repeat.x = 1;
    if(this.sprite.scale.y<0)this.sprite.material.map.offset.y = 1, this.sprite.material.map.repeat.y = -1;
    else this.sprite.material.map.offset.y = 0, this.sprite.material.map.repeat.y = 1;
    [/code:vb2c4wpv]
    I also added these in the setMirrored and setFlipped Acts:
    [code:vb2c4wpv]
    		this.mat.map.offset.x = (m === 0 ? 1 : 0);
    		this.mat.map.repeat.x = (m === 0 ? -1 : 1);[/code:vb2c4wpv]
    [code:vb2c4wpv]
    		this.mat.map.offset.y = (f === 0 ? 1 : 0);
    		this.mat.map.repeat.y = (f === 0 ? -1 : 1);[/code:vb2c4wpv]

I tried adding this piece of code into "exporters/html/plugins/Q3D Sprite/runtime.js", but when I launched the preview, the game just kept crashing and saying there's an error at line 534 col 4, unless I change it back to how it was originally? How do I modify the plugin without breaking it?

• How do i make skybox?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is there any re-uploades links? All oh then are offline or locked

• For who is looking for the example files or manual, i took the liberty to upload them to my google drive they should be available as long as google drive doesn't close their services in the future.

Download Examples + Manual

Examples

Manual

In case you forgot how to download Q3D if you purchased it, here is the link

That being said, it still remains useful for C2 projects.

My last test shows compatibility with latest Construct2 Stable Version for desktop and browser - i didn't yet tested on mobile platforms.

(don't forget if you are using it in your project, don't minimize/scramble your script it will stop working)

those links don't work anymore. would you happen to have the manual still?

• QuaziGNRLnose

Thanks! very helpful. however it seems to be lacking. for example 2.2 installing three.js exporter for blender is missing. I was also hoping it would cover the basics of animation rigging/exporting/importing/playing. I also wounder if it can play multiple animations on the same object. say "walking" on legs and "reloading" on a torso.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)