Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • yeah but the problem is how to achive that, where yo add the camera and how to make the camera look around without moving forward backward, left & right

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is the guide pdf completed yet?

• Is the guide for skeletal animation done yet? Id like to ask for refund if no.

• works well but i cant get in the textures its sad but it is the best plugin ever 5/5

• I'm creating a level editor. Is there any good way to load json models with file chooser?

• Prominent

Example of some stuff that might help give you some ideas.

Happen to have a capx file of this to play with?

Polygallon

?What plugin have you ever created? ?What game have you ever made? ?What game are you currently working on with Q3D if any? ?Maybe you shouldn't be so pretentious. ?Maybe you should ask questions without inferring in the same breadth your manufactured answer. ?Maybe you should look up solipsism. ?Maybe you need to learn to speak to people with humility and respect, before they feel like answering you. ?Maybe, just maybe he's busy working on it, his personal life, his job, you know life. ?Maybe you should chill out and stop being such a shill with facts. ?Perhaps you should do something worthwhile of an undertaking before you talk about things out of your element. You sound completely asinine, but you know no offence pal.
  • Polygallon

You sound completely asinine, but you know no offence pal.

Maybe I got a little out of hand, but I hope you understand that all I'm after can be as simple as a "hey guys, kinda busy with everything right now, Q3D is still being worked on." I didn't mean to sound 'completely asinine' with my post - I just threw all scenarios I could muster up into a list and hoped something would stick. Personally I hope he's been contacted by Ashley, though more realistically he's just busy with life as you said. Maybe I'm just a little too hyped over Q3D 2.5.

I realize this isn't my personal blog (not that I have one). See my old post here (It's way too long): https://f.lewd.se/72g6m7_2016-08-25_17-37-30.txt

• for 11 years old you do have much to talk about. Take my advice TAKE IT WITH PINCH SALT AND SPIT IT OUT you have long life ahead

• adcornaglia

☺What plug-in have you ever created?

☺What game has you ever made?

☺What game is you currently working on with Q3D if any?

☺Maybe you shouldn't be so pretentious.

No one has to give explanation for anything. We on forum is there to help them and not give them any lecture, sermon or criticize anyone. Whether he or she is capable, talented, incapable or unqualified who we are to judge them. We are not judge, moderator, referee, or arbitrator. We are here to help Construct 2 consumer no more, no less.

• adcornaglia

Happen to have a capx file of this to play with?

It uses some plugins I've made, and also I've edited the q3d plugin to achieve certain things. So without certain edits to the plugin, it wouldn't work exactly as shown.

Is there anything specific you're interested in regarding what I've shown?

• Prominent

Mostly I'm interested in your use of the camera and your Mode7 style 3D tiles. Looks very smooth and responsive. Would love to see a basic tutorial on 2D to 3D assets and tiles in Q3D, or a super slimmed down version of what was in the gif. Thanks for your time so far.

adcornaglia

?What plug-in have you ever created?

?What game has you ever made?

?What game is you currently working on with Q3D if any?

?Maybe you shouldn't be so pretentious.

No one has to give explanation for anything. We on forum is there to help them and not give them any lecture, sermon or criticize anyone. Whether he or she is capable, talented, incapable or unqualified who we are to judge them. We are not judge, moderator, referee, or arbitrator. We are here to help Construct 2 consumer no more, no less.

Lordshiva1948

Protip, try actually understanding and reading what the person is responding to, before you construct your own response. Crazy idea I know.

• adcornaglia

The camera is rotated with the aid of the mouselock plugin- basically, the x/y speed of the mouse returned with the plugin gets added to the angle of the camera for the corresponding axis. Then the camera is moved backwards along the direction of the camera from the position of the player. This results in having the camera swing around the player. I also raytrace and only move back until it hits a wall, so it doesn't go behind.

As for the enemy sprites- they need to be q3d models; not q3d sprites. This is because the models can be rotated in whatever angle, whereas the sprites can only face the camera. This is so the enemies appear to keep their feet connected to the ground as you point the camera downwards.

Basically, you make them face the camera and then set two of the axis to 0. I can't remember which axis', but basically you just want to end up rotating around one of them. If you need to flip, or mirror them, it has to have double sided rendering and you add 180 degrees to the axis.

That's the general gist of it I think, if I remember correctly.

As for rendering different directions for the enemies, that requires checking the angle of the camera in relation to the angle the enemy is facing, and changing their animation based on the relation of those angles.

As for the tiles/environment, I used my own Crocotile3d tool to create the obj file and load that into q3d. The crocotile3d tool is available at crocotile3d.com

• I'm getting an error when exporting to test, Have a empty project with a Q3D sprite, get error saying: "JavaScript error, "THREE" is undefined.

Help?, Using version R206.

• I'm getting an error when exporting to test, Have a empty project with a Q3D sprite, get error saying: "JavaScript error, "THREE" is undefined.

Help?, Using version R206.

deselect minifyscript on exporting and should be fixed. Q3D is not optimized with minifiscript.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)