Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Yeah, If I understand you correctly, Zebbi, that shouldn't be that difficult.

You'd basically position them in the editor, assign a Z position in the properties window, and using a camera that looks along the x/y axis so that z becomes down/up.

• Yeah, If I understand you correctly, Zebbi, that shouldn't be that difficult.

You'd basically position them in the editor, assign a Z position in the properties window, and using a camera that looks along the x/y axis so that z becomes down/up.

That sounds great that it's do-able, but I'm uncertain where to even begin with this plugin! :/

• There's a document Quazi linked to somewhere in this thread that outlines basic stuff to get started.

• There's a document Quazi linked to somewhere in this thread that outlines basic stuff to get started.

Found it, the manual is very focused on objects and shading, etc, should I use the Q3D raycaster plugin or something to display sprites/tiles in 3D? That's another point, can you render tilemaps in 3D space? That would be very useful for creating levels using just the editor. Here's an example of making levels for Rise of the Triad:

Very very simple tiles given heights, this is the kind of thing I'm trying to do.

• Oh okay, Zebbi.

Q3d doesn't have a specific feature for doing that. You'd have to use a q3dmodel to get those types of results, where you import an .obj file for example and texture it.

My crocotile3d program uses a tile-based approach to modeling, so that might be more in-line with your way of thinking in regards to the construction of the model.

Maybe I could create an example capx when I get some time.

• Zebbi,

Here's something simple. I barely spent any time on it, so there is a lot that could be improved or taken further depending on what exactly you want to do with it.

capx file here: http://1drv.ms/1SDlYoY

• Zebbi,

Here's something simple. I barely spent any time on it, so there is a lot that could be improved or taken further depending on what exactly you want to do with it.

capx file here: http://1drv.ms/1SDlYoY

Thanks for that example, so have you use trial and error to place the collision tiles or was it exported from croc3d?

• Zebbi , I used trial and error since it was a simple scene. I basically previewed the scene and counted the tiles, and then went into the editor and adjusted the tilemap.

I also could've used a raytracer to scan the scene and adjust the tilemap based on the scan.

Maybe I'll work on adding that sort of procedure if I have time.

• What is the current state of this plugin? I saw that the op wasn't edited almost a year ago. Is it still under development? And is it stable and reliable enough to make 3D games in Construct 2?

QuaziGNRLnose , are you planning on bringing this to Construct 3 in the future?

• ^^^ I'm curious, too. I saw a video of a demo on YouTube but I haven't seen any games made with it. I'd love to see some more video of it and know what the status of it is.

• ^^^ I'm curious, too. I saw a video of a demo on YouTube but I haven't seen any games made with it. I'd love to see some more video of it and know what the status of it is.

The lack of replies suggest that this plugin is either abandoned or not used.

• Here are some images of what I been playing around with q3d a 3d rts or 1st,2nd, or 3rd person 3d tank game start and rpg type game start.

A 3d textured tank .json model exported from blender, with a 3d .json model flat terrain, no sprites used, tank movement is controlled by custom movement at angles actions that drives and stop rotates like a tank and not a car and has speed control so far with asdw with a top down and multi camera's tracking, panning and zoom of the battle field and the tanks so a good start.

To do: still need to find the right camera height and angle and basic object collisons are working, but so far tank too the ground physics is not really figured out yet with a .json 3d model with none flat ground terrain and using default 2d physics, maybe chipmonk so I still have to figure that out.

I am hoping to add mobile touch for rts type game or gamepad control support for arcade and multi player in the end maybe.

And using the q3d examples I modified the physics 3d quake capx into a 3rd person rpg type frame work to build on.

I plan on making full games in the end I hope, but just testing what I can do now by building game type demos that I can use as skeleton frame work that I can build on later.

cheers techjunkie

• Thanks for sharing your experience. I might buy this if it gets updated. Meanwhile paying for something that is abandoned by the developer doesn't really appeal to me.

• yep np

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Someone have an idea why my game don't work when I export it.

I have just a black screen ..

I tried on the 200 , 221 and the 226

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 5 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 5 guests)