[Plugin] Windows Phone Updated - New Tutorial!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • gamepopper new browser functionality needs to be added so that it opens in the device browser. Rate game support is fourth on my todo and dependent on this so it will be coming soon.

I've currently got minification and trial working, and now finishing off IAP. Should be releasing an update soon.

• thehen That's great thanks! I've just submitted the game to the app store. Whenever the update is released I'll submit an update :)

• Pantaloons thehen

Did you manage to solve the back button error on any of the new C2 releases? I was a fool and just assumed it would work. I too get a black screen.

• jenaylor you mean when opening up an external URL? The back button should work fine otherwise. But yeah, the next release external URLs open in browser, mailto links open in the native email app and the back button navigates properly away from them.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thehen

When in the game play I press back and it went back to my main menu. I published and forgot to add a back button event for the main menu so it failed. doh!

I updated to the latest construct added the back button feature on my main menu. Exported to vis studio, ran this on the emulator and i just get a black screen.

Not sure if it is to do with this new event i put in or because the plugin doesn't work on the new release. I first tried the newest stable then tried the newest beta, both the same.

• jenaylor I'll be publishing the new Windows Phone Plugin update on Monday which supports the latest Construct 2 (and hopefully future) releases).

Edit -> We've just got IAP working in a live environment and will be packaging up the plugin very shortly.

• thehen Hopefully, I will publish my game for windows phone 8 with your recent plugin.

• Is the new plugin download online? After trying to publish my game with three failures, I'm at a point now where I can't until the external browser works.

Apparently Windows Phone is very specific that the back button must allow you to return to the apps starting page after opening a web page or going to new screens, and since external browser currently doesn't work, I'm unable to get that functionality to work. :/

• Anyone know how to close the current window in Windows Phone, and check to see if the browser is active?

• Big update, sorry about the delay - properly testing has taken a long time. Mortar Melon is now submitted using this plugin so we'll see how it goes.

• Minification support
    • In-app purchases
    • Sound effect looping
    • Stop any sound
    • Rate game support
    • Trial and buying full game
    • Splash screen (prevents white flash)
    • External urls open in browser
    • Native email for mailto: links

I'm away until Monday now so can't offer support until then. Make sure you test in debug configuration and use release configuration to submit.

Purchasing full game and rating the game can only be tested as a submitted beta app. More info here: Beta testing your app and in-app products

IAP can be tested in debug - populate WindowsStoreProxy.xml with your product info to test.

I'm going to be writing a big 'ol comprehensive Windows Phone tutorial next week, so keep an eye open for that. Hopefully that will clear up any issues anyone has.

gamepopper your functionality has been added.

• Thank you very much for the update! But link seems to be still the old plugin (3 months ago).

Now updated for me. Thank you very much for your work!

• thehen Finally! Thank you so much for the update!

• DiscoFish tipztv updated link!

• thehen thanks for the updates, I see the new features, but I still get a few problems.

The direct export doesn't produce any sound now, only way I can get sound is to copy everything but the runtime, but if I do that, I cannot close the browser without quitting the entire app.

The direct export also doesn't respond to my back button events, just quits the entire app instead, not sure if that is intentional or not. :/

• gamepopper have you read the instructions on the first post? You need to copy c2runtime, images and audio into the project provided.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)