[Plugin] System date and time

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Control your space ship in a weird space-time environment and destroy as many enemies as you can!
  • Bl4ckSh33p

If you need to get the format data output, or get data from user input string, you could try this plugin. It also supports time zone.

• Timezone would be great for my Countdowns. I will try it, thanks.

• rexrainbow

Hello, rex! Is it possible to make (or imitate) "Pause timer" action, not to remove, just pause?

• Update

rex_date plugin: add action: pause timer, action: resume timer. ( sample capx)

Here it is -

• rexrainbow

Could you add the same to "time away L" plugin, please?

• Update

rex_time_awayL plugin: add "Action:Pause", "Action:Resume", "Action:Get or start", and some responded trigger conditions. (sample capx)

Try this new version.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I ,

I was very pleased to discover this plugin !

The game I'm working on is based real time and there a clock supposed to ring the hours.

I was planning to make 24 conditions check for every hour and realised that 1o'clock Am and PM have the same number of bell ring. I was wondering if you have an idea about how to make a simple function that will allow me to avoid making 24 condition check.

My bell ring sound files have a name in the form of "1h", "2h" and so on where the numer matches the hour and the number of bell ring.

Any piece of advice would be great !

Thanks in advance

• Laurent

Comparing current data each tick to test the hours or minutes.

• Laurent

Comparing current data each tick to test the hours or minutes.

rexrainbow

Yes, that's what I've been doing so far but I was thinking about automatizing the process through a function like :

• Every tick
    • For T = 1 to 24
    • If Current Hour = T and Current Minute = 0 then Play once sound T+"h"
    • Next T

Where sound files are in the form of "1h", "2h", etc

Any idea about how to do that ?

PS : wouldn't "every tick" check for that be too much processor consuming ?

• Laurent

You already made it.

"every tick" or "every 0.5 seconds" are all fine, it depends how accuracy you want. sure it has trade off between accuracy and performance cost.

• Laurent

You already made it.

"every tick" or "every 0.5 seconds" are all fine, it depends how accuracy you want. sure it has trade off between accuracy and performance cost.

Thanks

I've got the logic but I didn't manage to turn it into Construct syntax. That's all the point

So any help would be appreciated !

• rexrainbow - Downloaded rex_time_awayL.

But can I use it in a Firebase-powered Facebook game, which I may port it to Android (and PC)? How can I use it for a 30-minute life timer? Any hints?

• Tetriser

Somebody had put firebase on android, but I only tested in browser (chrome, firefox).

• Please assist. I purchased a game that uses I tried to use the plug-in rex_time_awayL but Construct 2 tells me that I cannot use it due to this error:

Unable to load plug in... plugins\rex_time-awayL\': Cannot open file 'C:\Users\...\plugins\rex_time_awayL\common.js'

A similar issue was posted in the forum recently 27 Dec 2016 (). It had this reply:

You should contact the plugin's author and ask for a fix. It seems to me that it's not compatible with the newest version of C2.

Thanks.

• nuleaf

Download rex_time_awayL plugin here

It has common.js file.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)