[PLUGIN] Spilgames HTML5 Game API

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Spilgames API 1.1

This is a plugin for the Spilgames HTML5 Game API.

Download the plugin.

Download a .capx example.

Check out the commented example to learn about its functionality. Needs to be run in the Spilgames HTML5 test tool to be able to test every feature.

Update 1.1

• added support for the new 'pause' and 'resume' methods introduced in version 0.8.1 of the API
    • fixed an issue with the Splash screen condition

Thank you to the kind folks over at Spilgames, namely Marco and Stéphane, who helped tremendously in the creation of this plugin and made sure it was fully compliant with their API. Also thanks to Yann who helped early on by providing code that didn't suck.

And finally also thanks to everyone who participated in the Spilgames help thread!

The development of this plugin is handled by Spilgames by now, please download the latest version by clicking here (thanks to ArcadeEd!).

• This is great! Thanks!

• PixelRebirth It's awesome! This plugin will help a lot of people on their work

• great work, thanks!

• It works perfectly, thanks!

Anyone knows what this "Splashscreen" is about? Are we supposed to create a splashscreen, put it at start of the game and call the splashscreen action at this moment?

• Big thanks for that. It's really helpful!

• It works perfectly, thanks!

Anyone knows what this "Splashscreen" is about? Are we supposed to create a splashscreen, put it at start of the game and call the splashscreen action at this moment?

It's the first screen that your game should load. It shows the A10 games logo for 3 seconds and then proceeds to your main screen.

• Ok I see. As I closed a deal with Zibbo, I guess I should put a Zibbo splashscreen then. Thanks

• On behalf of the Game API dev team at Spil Games, thank you PixelRebirth for making it so easy and enjoyable to collaborate, and for your hard work on the plugin!

A FAQ entry about your plugin is available in the Game API doc area:

http://developers.spilgames.com/wiki/Developer_Platform_-_Learning_center_-_FAQ_-_HTML5_API_Construct2_plugin[/code:3aicnnub]

Lovely work!
  • many thanks

• Hi PixelRebirth

I'm not sure how to implement the splash screen. I'm also reading the official documentation from spil.

How do you go about implementing it? Do you make a new layout and use it as your first layout? Then there's the condition "splashscreen enabled". I'm confused. Some months ago, before this plugin, you made a layout, put a logo and waited 3 seconds to go to your main screen. But now I'm not sure because you can't hardcore things.

Thanks for making this plugin!

• Hi <div class="self-ref">@PixelRebirth</div>

I'm not sure how to implement the splash screen. I'm also reading the official documentation from spil.

How do you go about implementing it? Do you make a new layout and use it as your first layout? Then there's the condition "splashscreen enabled". I'm confused. Some months ago, before this plugin, you made a layout, put a logo and waited 3 seconds to go to your main screen. But now I'm not sure because you can't hardcore things.

Thanks for making this plugin!

This is from the documentation:

Splash screen

Implementing this feature in your game is required for all license agreements dated April 4th, 2014 or later.
    Your game should include a splash screen.
    The Game API controls the splash screen behavior.
    In your splash screen implementation, you must check if the splash screen is enabled — in this case, display it before the game loads — or disabled — in this case, don't show the splash screen.
    If the splash screen is enabled, show it using the getSplashScreen method.[/code:18awqpxa]

You make the splash screen yourself (mind what's outlined in your contract), but only show it before the game when the condition "Splash Screen is enabled" is true. Don't forget to have the splash screen open the right link when touched/clicked too. Use "splashScreen" as link name in the action.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!
  • Thanks! I'll let you know if my new game passes QA

• I'm having an issue with Audio. Most of it having to do with my mute button not working.

In my mute function I am both setting audio to silent and setting master volume to -1000db figuring one of the two would fix the issue. Here is the error report.

PixelRebirth any ideas on how to get my mute function to work? I used to just have the set silent, but when it failed I updated it including the master volume. Still failed. Here it is.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • PixelRebirth any ideas on how to get my mute function to work? I used to just have the set silent, but when it failed I updated it including the master volume. Still failed. Here it is.

I honestly don't know why that would be failing. Using the "Set silent"-action has worked for me in the past.

I assume the muting is working fine in any PC browser?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)