Hi added these minor changes to the Facebook plugin and I wanted to share them with the community:
- one action: "Request friends info" it uses FQL to query the names and profile picture url of all the friends of the currently logged user and stores the info in an internal array.
- one trigger: "On Friends Info available" a trigger called when the above action finishes receiving the information.
1. Get Friend Name:Gets the name of a friend in the internal array populated by "Request friends info".
2. Get Friend Picture URL: Gets the URL of the profile picture of a friend in the internal array populated by "Request friends info". This URL is useful with other plugins that load images at runtime from an url.
3. Get Number of Friends: Gets the number of friends stored in the internal array populated by "Request friends info".
To download the modified plugin (FacebookMod) download FacebookMod.zip from http://sites.google.com/site/jptarqu/downloads. The zip has a sample project. Make sure you change the app id in the sample.