[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • What is the best way for multiple levels?

I have read some posts saying for design all the levels in one layout but i dont think its a good idea to create 30 levels in one layout.

• Guessing by the recent activity here, I gather Photon is still a good solution for building online games ?

What about large scale ? Can we connect many peers like 100, 200, together ? I assume you have to pay at some point. What about 1000 players ?

If all the player sprites use TileMovement, you would only need to send their position to other peers when they move a tile. Seems like an efficient way to build a web MMO.

Thank you for outlining the limitations.

• Hi,

Im using Construct2 and set photon to Self hosted, and set address to my server xxxx.com:5055

My Construct2 fail to connect to my photon server, but I'm sure that my photon server is working, because my Unity game is connecting to it.

What could be the reason?

• kentoy

Im using Construct2 and set photon to Self hosted, and set address to my server xxxx.com:5055

5055 is UDP port by default. See doc.photonengine.com/en-us/realtime/current/connection-and-authentication/tcp-and-udp-port-numbers

You need to conect to WebSocket (default 9090) or Secure WebSocket (default 19090) server endpoints. The latter also requires additional setup doc.photonengine.com/en-US/server/current/operations/websockets-ssl-setup

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ThePhotons

Hello, a question, what is the best way to search for players around the world?

Would I have to connect region by region and thus seek a game?

Will this plugin no longer receive feature updates?

For example, local game without adding code to the online game.

• PabloDev

Hello, a question, what is the best way to search for players around the world?

Would I have to connect region by region and thus seek a game?

Players connected to different regions can't join the same room or search each other in a lobby.

Scanning regions is the only option for now.

Will this plugin no longer receive feature updates?

The plugin and Photon JS SDK are not actively developed at the moment. We mostly fixing bugs.

For example, local game without adding code to the online game.

I don't quite understand what you mean.

• PabloDev

> Hello, a question, what is the best way to search for players around the world?

> Would I have to connect region by region and thus seek a game?

Players connected to different regions can't join the same room or search each other in a lobby.

Scanning regions is the only option for now.

So if the plugin is not going to receive new functions, you mean that scanning the regions is the only option, now and for the future.

Ok, thanks for the info as always.

• Hello, one question please.

I use two PCs to do my tests.

The two PCs connect to the same router with ethernet cable.

The two PCs connect to Photon, Photon connects the two PCs, and the game proceeds.

Is this the same as playing with another person in another part of the country?

• PabloDev

You don't need 2 PCs to test Photon plugin. Even 2 clients in 2 tabs of the same browser communicate via Photon servers, as if they were on different networks.

• Help me please! I have a problem with Photon. It's don't see room, but when it's creating room, I see message in console, like "Room with such ID already exists"

P.S. I am sorry,if I wrote illiterate, I am from Russia

• my code:

• likel0vsky

The room exists probably because another client is still connected. Look for such a client in browser tabs.

To automatically join if a room exists, use JoinRoom action with CreateIfNotExists flag set.

• Thanks for your help as always.

I don't know how to report this, but sometimes it seems that the connection is not done well, then some lag occurs.

To fix it, disconnect and reconnect a few times, now it works properly.

So, sometimes it seems that the connection is made in a way that generates lag ... and this happens in my tests with 2 PCs connected to the same router for testing purposes.

A desktop computer + a laptop.

This happens very occasionally.

• Hello

I have a problem

when testing on two tabs error 32766 appears

after researching I realized that all the test windows try to create the same room.

How can I solve this?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)