[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • ThePhotons

I fixed the issue with my game's browser version not working!

The "protocol" was set to ws and not to wss... Just found out while browsing this forum. When should I use ws and when wss? Can I just let it at wss, or are there certain exports that are not compatible?

Another small question:

When I used high code numbers in the "raise event" like 2000+, the events would not be called at all. Is there a pattern, or should I use the lowest amount of numbers?

Also, is it better to use many raise events for different things, or should I use only one or two raise events, that store most of the data in them?

I think wss is for https and ws is for http. So if the game is played on https://website.com, then choose wss.

If I remember correctly the possible event numbers are 1-250 (meaning, that you can only use those). Someone correct me, if wrong.

As for the last question... I personally use both methods (token thingies and separate events), but not sure which is more efficient.

• Thank you, that explains a lot. I used numbers like 1001,1002 etc to have a bit more clarity... Well.

I have some very strong sync issues late in the game (5 min+), and I think that's because of the enemies.

My game is 1vs1 and both player get their own minion things every few seconds.

Right now I am synchronizing them by storing E.g. P1 minions values all into one array and then sending it to p2 every tick, same for p2 minions.

This way they can compare their ID with that from the array and set their position+health etc.

Is there something more efficient? I just can't get the game to work 100% properly, it always starts bugging around sooner or later, even when reducing it to every 0.25 sec instead of every tick.

• Hi

Could someone point me to the photon.c2addon file? The information on photonengine.com/sdks doesnt point to the above file and the construct plugin browser doesnt show a Photon plugin. Or, did the photon plugin got deprecated because of the Multiplayer object in Construct?

Thanks.

• Hi

Could someone point me to the photon.c2addon file? The information on photonengine.com/sdks doesnt point to the above file and the construct plugin browser doesnt show a Photon plugin. Or, did the photon plugin got deprecated because of the Multiplayer object in Construct?

Thanks.

just press download on the zip on page you link to..

• Lol was about to remove my question. Did miss it somehow. Still waking up or retardation has set in. Im fine with both.

Thanks.

• 13spongg13

Synchronize object properties only when these properties change.

Synchronize positions few time per second (if they change) and interpolate or extrapolate these position to get smooth movement.

• Can you describe how to make several levels properly?

I'm doing like this

Creating a room in lobby with the name of the level

Than joining the random room in the lobby with the name of the level.

It worked when i test it locally with several opened windows, but when a lot of players started to play, lobbies are mixing, ex players from lobby 1 playin in the lobby 2 that is very weird.

I saw test game in the zip with the plugin, there is a very complex behaviors how to write room properties into a list but no options how to select and join rooms with needed properties like level and number of players.

PS

I wonder why there is no simple block that will join the room with needed stats.

• 1mrpaul1

Probably you want SQL Lobbies doc.photonengine.com/en-us/realtime/current/lobby-and-matchmaking/matchmaking-and-lobby

Set lobby type to SqlLobby when creating a room, set some room properties and use SqlLobbyFilter when joining room with "Join random" action.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1mrpaul1

Probably you want SQL Lobbies doc.photonengine.com/en-us/realtime/current/lobby-and-matchmaking/matchmaking-and-lobby

Set lobby type to SqlLobby when creating a room, set some room properties and use SqlLobbyFilter when joining room with "Join random" action.

Can you provide a sample how to do it in construct 2? I didn't found the same commands in C2 interface

• 1mrpaul1

Can you provide a sample how to do it in construct 2? I didn't found the same commands in C2 interface

Did you find it in C3? The commands should be the same:

• > 1mrpaul1

> Can you provide a sample how to do it in construct 2? I didn't found the same commands in C2 interface

Did you find it in C3? The commands should be the same:

Thank you for your answer, but it doesn't work.

I did everything as you showed, but changed the code a little to be able to use a variable for level.

I got the error

Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:7 Client: Operation 225 error: SQL logic error or missing database

no such column: CO (-2)

P.S. I'm using Construct 2 by the way

• 1mrpaul1

no such column: CO (-2)

Did you try C0 column instead? C1, C2, ... C9 also should work according to documentation.

• 1mrpaul1

> no such column: CO (-2)

>

Did you try C0 column instead? C1, C2, ... C9 also should work according to documentation.

If to be honest I do not understand the logic itself, why we are using string as a comparison here

s1.construct.net/images/v722/uploads/articleuploadobject/0/images/34622/join.png

I mean in this place CO = 3

This is my code

• 1mrpaul1

If to be honest I do not understand the logic itself, why we are using string as a comparison here

if "C0 = 3" passed as a filter in Random Join, only rooms with property C0 set to 3 will match.

• 1mrpaul1

Important thing I forgot to mention is adding "C0" to the list of properties available in lobby. Call "Set props listed in lobby" action with PropNames set to "C0" before creating a room.

For exact property match, you can also use "expected custom properties" feature instead of sql lobby. Set current room property of arbitrary name like "level", add property name to the list of properties available in lobby and create a room. On other client, set the same "level" property to required value and select "MatchMyRoom" option in "random join" action.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)