[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • I noticed that photons sending JSON data by default is there any way to enable binary data for smaller packets.

Like how brutes.io sends binary data

• Hey ThePhotons client need use onOperationResponse to get data,but i can,t find the cnds in photon plugin

here is unity example

public override void OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse operationResponse) {

base.OnOperationResponse(operationResponse); // important to call, to keep state up to date

switch (operationResponse.OperationCode) {

case OperationCode.Authenticate:

if (operationResponse.Parameters.ContainsKey(ParameterCode.Data)){

var data = (Dictionary<string, object>)operationResponse.Parameters[ParameterCode.Data];

}

break;

/*

*/

default:

break;

}

}

• Not sure why, but my PhotonChat cannot connet to the NameServer, and PhotonMultiplayer just working nicely :/

I've also update my plugin to 4.0.0.7 (your latest version), I try this at Node webkit, but in Browser it works good :/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ThePhotons

• I noticed that photons sending JSON data by default is there any way to enable binary data for smaller packets.

Currently only text mode supported by Photon js SDK and therefore by Construct 2/3 plugin.

• Hey ThePhotons client need use onOperationResponse to get data,but i can,t find the cnds in photon plugin

For simplicity, not every Photon feature is exposed in Photon plugin. Why you need OnOperationResponse?

• Not sure why, but my PhotonChat cannot connet to the NameServer, and PhotonMultiplayer just working nicely :/

I've also update my plugin to 4.0.0.7 (your latest version), I try this at Node webkit, but in Browser it works good :/

What's in your logs?

Make sure that you use chat app id for chat application.

• Do the onpremise servers come with the same things the realtime cloud come with ,Besides being hosted by your company, And What would you say the minimal hardware requirements are for a server? ThePhotons

• Photon Server provides everything that cloud has except nameserver. Clients connect to master server directly.

Requirements: https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/onpr ... quirements

For development, virtually any modern workstation or laptop will run Photon server with ~20 ccu smoothly.

• It shows the windows versions and all that but it does not show minimum ram and CPU requirements ThePhotons

• There is no minimal ram and cpu requirements. As I wrote, it will run on any machine. Of course under real heavy load, cpu and memory may become an issue. Do you have problems with running Photon Server?

• ThePhotons I just wanted to know the minimal hardware requirements before i purchase a vps for hosting

• ThePhotons

Could you somehow allow users to connect to a master server directly,Being only allowed to connect to the name server is a bit restricting

• Photon Server provides everything that cloud has except nameserver. Clients connect to master server directly.

I was wrong. Photon Server supports nameserver as well. But plugin can connect to master server only if self-hosted server chosen. This may be changed soon because upcoming Photon Server versions will support nameserver connection only for consistency with cloud.

• ThePhotons

Could you somehow allow users to connect to a master server directly,Being only allowed to connect to the name server is a bit restricting

This is allowed so far (see post above). You are connecting to port 9091. This is game server port (if you did not change ports in default server config). Master server port is 9090

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)