[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • ThePhotons

What if the design of my multiplayer game does not want users to create "rooms" - rather I would like to have a few "worlds" that are pre-created by me on the server?

How would you go about this?

• You can simply hardcode all world names in you clients. Then first client entering the world will create room for it. Instead of list of worlds in code, you can fetch them dynamically from your http endpoint with webrpc.

If you really need to have access to server side, use self-hosted Photon Server.

• I'm trying to make 2 app composed by an Unity app and a construct website... The initial Idea was to make communication with Photon Cloud BUT the Unity Photon plugin is slighty different to the C2 plugin... so I join in the same server but the clients doesn't see each other :

Actually I've made a workaround using the Photon Chat plugin (yeah I'm interchanging data with text... a HUGE workaround but it works)

Alternatives or solutions?

• ThePhotons

If we use the self-hosted Server - the plugin will not work with that set up, correct?

• GameThirsty

You can choose "Self hosted" option and set server address in Photon object properties.

• tatogame

Photon has 2 products for Unity:

1. Unity SDK should work with C2 clients w/o additional effort.

2. PUN adds its version to application version set by user (to avoid incompatibility issues when running different PUN versions in same room). You can find version code in NetworkingPeer.cs:

protected internal string AppVersion
    {
        get { return string.Format("{0}_{1}", PhotonNetwork.gameVersion, PhotonNetwork.versionPUN); }
    }[/code:3oy3drfo]
    You need to update app version in C2 accordingly. It would be something like "1.0_1.75"
  • Thank you Photons, I'm recently testing out photon capabilities and I was so pleasantly surprised thats I used in the last 2 gamejam for a Multiplayer game for Blind people ( viewtopic.php?f=180&t=181795 ) and an asymetric multiplayer https://risingpixel.itch.io/feed-the-troll

For the secon one I went crazy in understanding WHY the Unity client doens't see the Construct client... at the end (only for the jam) I figured out workarounding a Photon Chat-wrapper used as a data exchange xD

• What does the localhost:9090 option in the photon cloud plug in properties allow you to do?

Can you connect to a host locally over your Lan? And if so do you need to be running a local photon server? Or is that built into the plug in?

• What does the localhost:9090 option in the photon cloud plug in properties allow you to do?

Can you connect to a host locally over your Lan? And if so do you need to be running a local photon server? Or is that built into the plug in?

ThePhotons This i also would like to know.

This address used when "Self Hosted" HostType is selected. You can set up your own self-hosted Photon Server and connect it instead of Photon Cloud:

http://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/onpre ... rver-intro

• Hey, can I see examples of expired for the latest updates. All the tutorials(example .capx) that I found unfortunately are not working.

• See samples provided with Photon Scirra SDK: demo-pool.capx, demo-test.capx, demo-chat.capx.

• donotsecret you have to "update" the region, they didn't update the example .capx after updating the plugin.

Should work after that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Been working with this Plugin for a few days now, great work!

One question, I've been working on trying to make collisions between players' bullets and the players. Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach doing this? I've already done some research on the Photon forums. Whenever I try to run the project and test it out, at times both players on the screen will "die" if a bullet is shot etc.

Anyone know the best way to set up collisions like that? Thanks in advance

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)