[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • ThePhotons please, does anyone know how to get the "room list" using Photon Cloud Plugin?

• Wow. This is great, this will solve my problem in finding a network engine. Thumbs up.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Does this plugin support photon clouds Turn Based Asynchronus game modes too? Ie the CachingOption can be set for the room and it remains open even when all players have logged off (using "temporary" status)?

thanks for your time.

• ThePhotons please, does anyone know how to get the "room list" using Photon Cloud Plugin?

"Connect" event sheet of demo-test project included in SDK shows how to work with room list. You need "On room list" and "On room list update" conditions to handle list changes.

Photon.RoomCount and Photon.RoomNameAt expressions used to iterate current room list.

• Does this plugin support photon clouds Turn Based Asynchronus game modes too? Ie the CachingOption can be set for the room and it remains open even when all players have logged off (using "temporary" status)?

Essential Turnbased features like rejoining with given actorId is not exposed in Photon plugin yet. These features available only in Photon Javascript SDK currently.

• ThePhotons

is there a way to access photon.time using the plugin? thinking about sending timestamps to compensate for latency

Photon.time is not available in Photon Javascript SDK and therefore in Construct 2 Photon plugin.

This is limitation of text-based protocol used when connecting via websockets.

• Can you explain why can't I use self hosted mode but only Photon Cloud?

• Hi, I'm not sure if I should post about it here but it's still connected to photon so I think I should.

So, I'm making a multiplayer game for a client and in my laptop everything works fine. I can connect, make a room, join a room, and play with other clients / computers (the C2 game is hosted on his server, and I play the game that's on his server). But when my client tested it , he said that he can't even make a room, so he can't play the game.

I'm from Asia, and my client is from Canada, on the exported game I ser the Photon's region property to "US". He's tried on a different computer and in a place with better connection (because I told him it's a connection problem), but the problem is still the same (he tried with different browsers and also cleared the browser cache, too).

I'm not sure how to fix this, because if the game's working fine on my side, I can't even find anything when debugging it. Do you know what caused this or at least something for me to work on? This is weird because previously (just a few weeks ago, I think), when I work with this client on the previous installment of this project, the multiplayer part work without a problem on his end.

the properties of my Photon object are:

app id: (the game's app ID I got from the dashboard)

app version: 1.0

protocol: wss

Region: US

Host Type: Photon Cloud

Self hosted address: localhost:9090

the properties that I've changed are the app ID, region, and protocol (I think) only. I never touched the others.

I'm out of ideas, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• Hi Daggio

You did not provide any details on error itself.

Please share application log from browser console.

Do other secure websocket applications work for user?

What if change region to eu or asia?

• Can you explain why can't I use self hosted mode but only Photon Cloud?

ostType and SelfHostedAddress are parameters of Photon object (same list where you set app-id).

• hi, I asked the client and here are the screenshots of the error log on his side:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103242865/bug6.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103242865/bug7.jpg

I guess it have something to do with LoadBalancingClientLoadBalancingPeer checkNextState fail, though I don't understand what that means.

thanks

• hi ThePhotons, can you help me with the bug that I posted above? Thanks

• We looked at your report but did not have much fresh ideas.

checkNextState errors are probably because app calls api methods at wrong time (starting connection from ui while client is connecting e.g.).

Aside that, everything looks like poor internet connection which causes disconnects.

Can you try to run particle demo from Photon javascript sdk package to see if it fails as well? It has average data send rate. If your app sends more, it can work for high bandwidth and do not for lower.

Btw, you did not fully answered my previous post on this topic

• hi, everything works fine here, even the particle demo. The game just doesn't work on the client's computer.

I'll tell the client to do some tests and get back to you.

• ThePhotons I don't see an option for the region "AU" in the list.. just US, EU, jp, Asia

Is there someway to include it?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)