[PLUGIN] Paster

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Thank fine work

• R0J0hound Have some problem pasting objects with various WebGL effects.

Only the image with the last webgl effect applied is pasted correctly.

Here a blank project with and image and just one event:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HDm4qI ... sp=sharing

What i'm missing ¿?

• Something changed that broke pasting objects with effects applied. I noticed it the other day. No eta on fixing it though.

• Ok! thanks for the fast reply.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh this is clever. I used canvas quite a lot in a few prototypes, but never got around to using this. Very nice indeed.

Am I right in thinking there's no paste layer, as in canvas? I imagine it'd be easy enough to put all the objects into a family and paste them instead, right?

• > At the risk of stepping on toes, I needed a PasteLayer option a while back and always meant to forward you the code. Since you aren't actively working on Paster anymore, I offer this addition, should anyone else find it useful.

>

> Paster_withPasteLayer.zip

> Example

>

If you go back a few pages, I actually added Paste-Layer, as I needed it also.

• >

> > At the risk of stepping on toes, I needed a PasteLayer option a while back and always meant to forward you the code. Since you aren't actively working on Paster anymore, I offer this addition, should anyone else find it useful.

> >

> > Paster_withPasteLayer.zip

> > Example

> >

>

> If you go back a few pages, I actually added Paste-Layer, as I needed it also.

>

Thanks for that. Looks good. I do notice it doesn't paste any effects that are on the layer, but does paste effects that are applied to the object itself.

Just checked the official version and it's the same. In any case, this really is a superb plugin, isn't it?

• Maybe i found a possible bug in Construct2 that can be causing this problems, can somebody confirm?

If i add some FX to a sprite this one works correctly only in the sprite with the sprite coordinates, but in the moment there is another FX added before, then seems the rest of the FX are applied with Layer based, that can cause why the R0J0hound plugin only pastes the gfx with the last FX added.

Here what happens when a FX applied on a sprite have another FX before on the list:

The same for all other FX in the sprite.

Here another gif with the effects and switching the order to see what happens.

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/Hcw9GfU9.gif

If the effects are applied single works on sprite, but in the moment there are one or more before then all them seems to change their coordinates by the layer/layout or something instead the sprite.

So, it's me i'm doing something wrong, or this is a bug? Ashley

• The effect pasting code in the plugin was never complete. Any effects that rely on position will give weird results, and multiple effects are drawn in a way different than what Construct does.

Anyways this has been a shortcoming from the get go, but I never got to fixing it. I think it’s just something to work around/ live with. I won’t be going down the rabbit trail to fix it.

• how can i get this plugin?

• Hey all!

I'm wondering if anyone has a method for using object blend modes (destination out and atop specifically) with the paster object? I have a bunch of textures I've made I'd like to drop on top of platforms but I'm hitting a snag pasting objects and/or layers into the paster object with things blended.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

EDIT: Okay, I had read up on how to get this working before this post but I must have been up too long because I was thinking off the paster object as something I couldn't have unique instances of (e.g. just a bunch of one paster object with different blend modes). Everything is working well with blend modes now! Woo!

• R0J0hound

How can I fix this?

Working perfect in Webview+ but Black areas coming with Canvas+

Codes

Native Share

>> image: "Paster.imageUrl"

Canvas+

Webview+

• OhhBaby

I can't see your images.

• OhhBaby

I can't see your images.

Reuploaded to another service.

• Nothing obvious comes to mind. My testing when I made it was pretty limited, I never have used webview+ or canvas+.

My guess is there's something with webgl or the canvas dom is a bit different between the two, or maybe the C2 runtime sets up the webgl state slightly different depending on which is used.

I don't plan on working on the plugin anymore, so I don't have a fix or solution.

cheers

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)