[Plugin] Metro/Windows 8

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Hi,

I noticed that when the game is in "filled" mode the game is not centered correctly. See this image for an example.

Also, is it possible for the letterboxing to be pure black instead of a dark grey? I Think the dark grey comes from the ui-dark.css file, correct? Oh, and one last question. :) Is it safe to use the latest beta release (r105) with this plugin or do you recommend r104?

Many thanks,

Fredrik

Fredrik:

1. For the background color, yes it is getting the dark grey from ui-dark.css. A quick and dirty way to override is to add a style to the body tag in your index.html file:

<body style="background-color:rgb(0,0,0)">

2. For the incorrect centering, I will fix it in an update for the plugin shortly. But here is the simple fix: you will have to reorder the divs "fs" and "c2canvasdiv" in index.html so that it looks like this below:

<div id="c2canvasdiv">     

<!-- The canvas must be inside a div called c2canvasdiv -->

<div id="fs" class="grid-item">

3. r105 is working fine.

• Thanks for the answers. :) Your plugin seems to work really well except for that centering error, so thanks for that fix. :D

• Fredrik:

I have updated a version 9.1 of the plugin with the fix. Thanks for reporting the issue! :)

• When i pressed f5 your ghost shooter r9 with VS2012, it makes me wonder Live Tile doesn't update while i destroyed some ghosts.

• Joannesalfa:

You will need to follow the steps outlined here:http://c2metro.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/support-for-live-tiles/

Specifically, you will have to make sure to name your file app-widelogo.png for the wide logo.

• I have published a game Blast the bricks to the Windows Store. I have written a short write up on what features from the plugin I used for this game.

Also, update this thread with your Windows 8 publication for us to discover each other's games!

• I have published a game Blast the bricks to the Windows Store. I have written a short write up on what features from the plugin I used for this game.

Also, update this thread with your Windows 8 publication for us to discover each other's games!

Congrats!

I registered a BizSpark account that may give me a year of publishing my app on windows store for free.

• Joannesalfa:

You will need to follow the steps outlined here:http://c2metro.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/support-for-live-tiles/

Specifically, you will have to make sure to name your file app-widelogo.png for the wide logo.

I created a new app-widelogo.png maube you didn't include on your illustrative example and i ran, it shows a picture on live tile but it didnt appear a live text and i got an error from console HTML 1701 cannot add dynamic content...

• Nevermind it's working now, maybe it was random

• Hey, i would love to know if is possible to update new images on live tile, i know it's already implemented for text, but it would be awesome if it works for images.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh761491.aspx

• Added a new blog entry explaining Trials and purchases in Settings Charm

• Would you be interested to add some Windows8 sensor commands to the plugin?

I have come across a very interesting example for accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, light, inclinometer, orientation and Geo-location sensor APIs within Javascript.

software.intel.com/en-us/articles/sample-application-all-in-one-sensors

I do not have enough knowledge to create a C2 plugin for this, but I can help test it out...

• Would you be interested to add some Windows8 sensor commands to the plugin?

I have come across a very interesting example for accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, light, inclinometer, orientation and Geo-location sensor APIs within Javascript.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/sample-application-all-in-one-sensors

I do not have enough knowledge to create a C2 plugin for this, but I can help test it out...

bjadams:

Working on it :)

• really????

Big ? to you!!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wow, waiting for the next update. ^^

Btw, i have a question about "How to make Snap View".

Please look on my thread :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)