[PLUGIN] Magicam for C2(Alpha 6.5 1/8/14)

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • I'm getting a problem with the camera shake feature, I have a black background and when the shake is activated you see the screen shaking but when it moves you can see white behind the background where the edges shift. I have a background that is twice the size of my window view so I'm not sure why this is happening. It only happens on compiled versions installed on Android, I don't see this in CJS launcher or when previewing in browser.

• I am sorry without look at your capx I am unable to help. Please I am sorry cannot help

• I'm running the latest version of C2. I install the plugin dragging it into the C2 environment, it installs and I reboot it, but when I go to load the example it tells me the plugin is not installed and since there is no manual that I can see, I'm not sure what i'm looking for (is it a new object?) but my looking around under behaviors and objects, I dn't see the camera listed. when I open the example it tells me the magicam plugin needed is not installed.

Thanks,

Caleb

• It worked OK for me.

I downloaded the zip and unpacked to own folder.

Dragged the magicam.c2addon into C2, got the warning about installing from trusted sources etc, then relaunched. Opened example with no problem.

If I start a new .capx, Magicam is listed under General.

Are you using the Steam or standalone version of C2?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yea I was using Parallels on my Mac. I have an xp image and win8.. the xp one seems to be stubborn.. the win8 one worked.. thanks for confirming what i should see zenox98

I'm running the stand alone C2, not the one on steam.

neat plugin for sure! I can't wait to use it.

Thanks!

Caleb

• This is amazing! Im at a loss of words.

This has to be one of the best addons for c2,this makes everything so much better! thank you for making this!

• I would like to add that I love using this plugin. However I have come across a bit of an issue recently..

My "COOP" camera becomes terribly finicky and does not work properly if either or both of player boxes are outside of the layout.

Has anyone come across this issue and if so, how did you resolve it?

• purplemonkey, I haven't had any issues with this. If you could provide a CAPX, I'll take a look and see what's up.

Nesteris, I've been meaning to get around to adding this for a while, but haven't found the time. Perhaps by the end of May.

• Nesteris, that's the idea. The Construct Classic version of the plugin was capable of this, so that's what I'm shooting for.

• Nesteris, I didn't realize Tokinsom's demo involved layout changing. My original implementation separated a single layout into multiple areas between which the camera scrolled. The feasibility of creating a generalized plugin involving layout changes is unclear, and I'd have to think about it. There's only so much I can do, past which the feature is only useful to a tiny amount of people.

• purplemonkey, I haven't had any issues with this. If you could provide a CAPX, I'll take a look and see what's up.

As I cannot post a CAPX of my actual project I have tried to reproduce the issue as best as possible.

The root of the issue seems to be tied with "zoom to contain" and margins.

Thank you for looking into this, it is much appreciated!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2053779/MAGICAM_CAMERA.capx

• linkman2004, Have you had a look at this yet, by any chance? :')

• purplemonkey, I took a look and I know what the problem is. If I have time this weekend, I'll see if I can get a fix out.

• Hello,

Is it possible to set up a split screen game with this plugin in some way ?

• purplemonkey, I took a look and I know what the problem is. If I have time this weekend, I'll see if I can get a fix out.

linkman2004 Hey Chris, did you ever find out the root of this issue?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)