[plugin] firebase

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • i converted all firebase plugin last year. The last time I looked, they were working smoothly.

github.com/erenertugrul/construct-plugins/issues/4

you can download firebase pack for c3runtime.

github.com/erenertugrul/construct-plugins/releases/download/rex_firebase/rex_firebase_pack.zip

P.S : This is using the old database system. not firestore.

• Thanks a million! Let me know if anyone has any simple tutorials I could look at!

Also, I am assuming I have to keep worker mode off for it to work. Let me know if this is not the case.

• Hey, guys. I just exported my first debug apk with firebase all set up. Works perfectly in preview. But, once exported to apk, the app doesn't load. The loading bar and logo appears, finish, and the screen remains black. Any ideas?

Update: I figured it out. Ignore this post. Sorry to bother yall. Thanks for your help.

• Hey yall! It may interest you all to know that I have successfully gotten rex's auth, save slot, and API v3 plugins working on a published android app. See PinWall on the google play store if you want to look at it. That took forever, but after signing in, all your coins and purchases are stored on a Firebase database. In the last few days, I have been trying to get the Leader board plugin to work. I guess I just don't understand how it works. I figured if I have all the players signing into Firebase anyway, why not just use the leader boards through Firebase with Rex's Firebase leader board plugin? Well, I have studied and scoured rex's example projects, but I simply can't get the leader board plugin to work. If any of you have used it before, please let me know, I'd like a little help.

I basically re-wrote one of the example projects into my current game and whenever I try to post a score, I get a post score error trigger. It doesn't help that I really have no idea what the back end should look like. Do I need to create a child in the database with the same name as the leader board's domain before the plugin will work? Do I need to fill out the domain property on the leader board plugin with a URL or something? Rex left his empty in the example projects, but I don't know what else could be the issue. His project still works fine. I am able to use his example projects to write data to his database, and with a little tampering of his code, pull that same leader board data from another device. So I know the plugins are working, I just simply don't know how to implement the leader board plugin. Any ideas?

• I found the problem. And I can't fix it. Basically, for whatever reason, rex's leaderboard plugin requires full read and write access to the entire firebase database to work. You can not update your ranks if you have not left your database rules open to everyone. I already had rules in place for my save slot data, and even giving full read and write access to just the leaderboards still is not enough. This rule set that I created doesn't work. {

"rules":{

"SaveSlot":{

"$user":{

".read":"auth.uid === $user",

".write":"auth.uid === $user"

}

},

"Leaderboard":{

"$gamemode": {

"$user": {

".read":true,

}

}

}

}

}

I can use the save slot plugin all I want, but the leaderboard plugin requires full access, and I don't want to set the rules to do that. Any ideas?

Update: I'm sorry. I feel bad for giving you all so many notifications. But I actually just found my problem. If you slightly adjust how you give the read permission, so that it looks like this:

{

"rules":{

"SaveSlot":{

"$user":{

".read":"auth.uid === $user",

}

},

"Leaderboard":{ ".read":true,

"$gamemode": {

"$user": {

}

}

}

}

}

It works fine. My bad yall, just ignore me.

• I added your authentication plugin and the apiv3 but the authentication is not working on the apk file, only on testing on opera browser. Not on phones

Any ideas?

• I'm afraid that's not nearly enough information to help debug. Send some shots of the code and pluggin properties.

• Sure thing. I am adding the coding for the authentication. So, I followed the way it is supposed to check and everything and I am thinking it might be just the inability to show the browser maybe?

NOTE: I have added the firebase to the app, and also the dependencies in the android studio areas also.

• Ok. So, you are using Google to authenticate users. Now, I could only ever get the email and password option to work for me. Back during the before times, rex himself was able to use google to authenticate users, and his example project uses a google sign in window and works flawlessly. As far as I'm aware however, Rex never told anyone how to get Google's approval to use their authentication system. In order to use Google's approval system, you need to register your application with them. I tried to figure out how to do this myself many moons ago, but I never figured it out.

I know this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but I recommend using email to authenticate. You can see the finished product of my game here: haypers.itch.io/pinwall if you need an idea of how it would work. Go to the settings and hit the cloud save button to check it out.

If you somehow have figured out how to actually use the Google approval system, let us know how. I don't think your AUTH is capable of actually working outside of the development environment.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This was something we talked about way earlier in the forum, but this forum has been edited, moved around, and chopped up so many times, that I doubt I could still find it.

• Here is the other forum where we talked about some of the pitfalls you will encounter: construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/android-google-play-149596/page-3

You should read it all.

• Thanks much, yeah I have heard somewhere that Rex plugins are not specific to cordova either so that might be an issue too idk. But Ill def give that a shot and also go page by page and search here if its been talked about before :) TY for the quick response!

• What I did for now is I purchased cranberries plugins from the store and gonna try those out because it allows for quite a bit of things for mobile! If I do find out the google thing though, as I have already configured it in firebase and google with the sha1 and web ids, client ids, etc Ill post :)

• how to setting multiple firebase in 1 apps,,,?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)