[plugin] firebase

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Open the log in the property "Log" in rex_firebase_apiv3 ( set to "Yes" ) , and open the console to see the call stack of error. Please post them to help me debug.

• METR1C

I have no idea about that because I did not use cocoon.io or intelXD, sorry.

• rexrainbow

• Thanks. You might update rex_firebase_itemmonitor plugin again,

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am interesting in shared timers. The timer plugin in firebase or parse is made for single user, i,e, private timers of each user.

What is your use case?

• rexrainbow

I make "Jackpot" system. When people invest items, then they get some chances for win (depends from items price). If two people (or more) invested their items, then timer starts for all players. After the timer is out, system choose one winner and he get all invested items. I don't know if i do this system correctly, but it's work fine for now

• It might be dangerous, because that whole task is composed of joined user. i.e. users will interact with others.

System might be broken if users was disconnected during task running.

You need to design the logic very carefully.

Edit: I will try to make a global timer plugin of firebase.

• The Parse website refers explicitly to migration, is it still advisable to realize new projects with Parse?

I’m really a beginner in this field and will definitetly have to train myself, so the question is, does it make sense under these circumstances?

[quote:3krywuco]“ The Parse hosted service will be retired on January 28, 2017. If you are planning to migrate an app, you need to begin work as soon as possible.“

Or does the end of Parse only impact the cloud version?

• m1ch43l

Parse had released the source code, you can built private parse server in your machine or cloud service.

Here is a tutorial about how to build parser server on heroku service.

• rexrainbow

METR1C

I just tested it on WebView+ and got this error message.

[quote:3of5msnb]This operation is not supported in the environment this application is running on. "location.protocol" must be htttp or https.

Regards

Andy

Hi guys.

I was facing problem like this.

Here is my solution:

i use Cordova FB plugin from cranberrygame to login to facebook, then use this token to login using Rex's firebase plugin. It work fine on webview+, not sure about cocoon.io

Hope this can help.

• mickeyboy

Nice solution!

I remembered that someone had put a request for login with acces-token.

• rexrainbow

It might be dangerous, because that whole task is composed of joined user. i.e. users will interact with others.

System might be broken if users was disconnected during task running.

You need to design the logic very carefully.

Edit: I will try to make a global timer plugin of firebase.

I know, therefore i made that each user send information, and how i understand, firebase receives information from user, who sent info the last, user with the most ping. I don't know another ways)

If one user was disconnected, then nothing will happen, but if all users.. It can bring problems

• m1ch43l

Parse had released the source code, you can built private parse server in your machine or cloud service.

Here is a tutorial about how to build parser server on heroku service.

Thanks!

Will there be further updates for Parse?

• m1ch43l

I don't know. Maybe be not, since Parse service will be closed.

• m1ch43l

I don't know. Maybe be not, since Parse service will be closed.

Question to Parse Cloud Users: You switch to self-hosted services or to another provider services?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)