[plugin] firebase

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Update

Add rex_parse_tokenauth plugin, to allow user sign-up or login by a string token, this string token could be access token of facebook or google.

Moreover, user could bind another string token to the same account. i.e. each bind string token could be used to login.

(This plugin needs to update the cloud code of parse.)

• rexrainbow

Are Firebase ItemTable and Firebase Item Monitor work with cocoon.io (by cordova)?

• rexrainbow

Are Firebase ItemTable and Firebase Item Monitor work with cocoon.io (by cordova)?

No, since Firebase officially support cordova, it doesn't work on cocoon.io,

neither Canvas+ nor the basic webview mode.

I'd suggest that we can report this to cocoon,

or simply use IntelXDK as an alternative.

• gonzdevour

Report it please, i really need firebase with cocoon.io

• gonzdevour

Report it please, i really need firebase with cocoon.io

I've posted once on cocoon's forum, and filled cocoon's developer survey several days ago;

however, I think if there are not enough users want this feature, they won't really care.

• Hi,

Thanks, these plugins are great. Some suggestions concerning the Parse plugin.

First, it would be really nice if it supported tags to identify requests.

What I mean is a situation like:

ItemTable -> getItems(some data)

ItemTable -> getItems(some other data)

ItemTable:OnReceived -> do something [at this point the game "doesn't know" which request came back first]

It would be useful to be able to do it like:

ItemTable -> getItems(some data) (TAG usernames)

ItemTable -> getItems(some other data) (TAG addresses)

ItemTable:OnReceived(TAG usernames) -> do something

ItemTable:OnReceived(TAG adresses) -> do something

Secondly, it would be great if the Auth plugin was able to check if the current user is properly logged in (in case something went wrong, the session expired etc.).

• pirx

Thanks for liking these plugins.

You might have two or more item table instances, i.e. create a new one or have many item table object (type), for each kind of data reading, and each responded data will be stored in item table instance. Item table plugin is not only a data receiver, but also a data container, imo.

UserNameTable -> getItems(some data)

AddressTable -> getItems(some data)

UserNameTable :OnReceived

AddressTable :OnReceived

Read userID by "Expression:UserID", it is not login now if this value is "".

• pirx

Thanks for liking these plugins.

You might have two or more item table instances, i.e. create a new one or have many item table object (type), for each kind of data reading, and each responded data will be stored in item table instance. Item table plugin is not only a data receiver, but also a data container, imo.

UserNameTable -> getItems(some data)

AddressTable -> getItems(some data)

UserNameTable :OnReceived

AddressTable :OnReceived

Read userID by "Expression:UserID", it is not login now if this value is "".

1. Oh, that makes sense. The previous Parse plugin which is now deprecated implemented tags, but I actually like the idea of different instances used for different purposes.

2. Will it "know" when the player is logged out server-side in the middle of a game? Or does it update only during login?

• pirx

Yes, one reason is to store data inside item table instance. The other reason is to create item table instance on demand, to serve each request in server logic. ( I had used firebase + parse to create a server before. )

"Expression:UserID" will return "" after loggouted. Hum... I will add another condition "Is login" to test this login state more easier.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Update

rex_firebase_authentication, rex_parse_authentication plugin. Add "Condition:Is login", which will return true if logging now.

• rexrainbow Great!

Now, one more quiestion. It's not exactly clear to me how is data stored inside the Item Table plugin. Does it completely refresh every time on "items received"?

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right.

For each story_title (a text object) there is an instance variable containing the objectId of its respective story (a parse object). When I click different stories and then go back and do this again, sometimes what is read from the Item Table is the data of the previous story as if it didn't update.

Note: if I change this to on received -> for each object id -> *curitemcontent* then it only interacts with the first received data ignoring the subsequent request.

Could you point me to the correct path for this to work correctly?

• pirx

Method A.

... -> Action:Load all queried items -> Condition:On received -> (Condition:For each item , Expression:CurItemContent) , or Expression:Index2ItemContent, or Expression:ItemsToJSON (for all items)

This flow will read queried items back, a snapshot of these items.

Method B.

Action:Load by itemID -> Condition:On load by itemID -> ( Expression:LastFetchedItemID , Expression:LastFetchedItemContent )

It is another way to read single item from parse server, a snapshot of one item. The received item will not be put into the result of Method A.

• rexrainbow

Hi, rex!

I see that parse is migrating, what will happen with our "parse games"?

• The official parse service will be closed.

Fortunately parse had released an open source version of parse server, it could be installed at heroku (tutorial)

• rexrainbow, when I try using the plugin rex_grid_move I get the following error.

'GetPluginSettings' global, but it is not a function

Im trying to look at the Big Map Capx but since I keep getting the error above, it wont open the file. Any chance you could fix the plugin?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)