[PLUGIN] CSV, CSV2Array, CSV2Dictionary

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • I know this thread is already old, but I can't find out how to add value to my csv entries.

I tried this: CSV set value at ("Strenght", "Mage") to CSV.At("Strenght","Mage")+1

My starting value is 10 and i want it to add +1 whenever i click a button. So it should be 11...12...13...14... and so on. But it ain't working. What's the problem?

• Turaco

The value stored in CSV cell might be string or number. It is impossible to increase value in string cell.

• Update

rex_taffydb plugin, now it could minify.

• Hey rexrainbow first of all - thanks a lot for all of your awesome plugins. I am using this CSV tool at the moment to generate a dynamic dialog across the game and it works fabulous after roughly 2 days of working into it. Anyhow. I am using variable names within the CSV but instead of accessing the C2 global variable I declared, it just puts it in text. Any idea what I can do to actually have it use the C2 variable, for example 'firstname' in the csv should become the actual firstname that the player did put in at the very start of the game through a text input.

Any help is appreciated and please keep your awesome work up!

Sincerely,

Andreas Lopez aka Uriel1339

• Uriel1339

Try this plugin to process string with variables.

For example,

1. you could call "Action:Set value" of rex_mustache plugin to save the value of "firstname", like "firstname" = "rex",

2. and the string saved in CSV might be "Hi, {{firstname}}".

3. after string replacement by expression mustache.render, "firstname" will be filled with "rex", and get result "Hi, rex"

• Uriel1339

Try this plugin to process string with variables.

For example,

1. you could call "Action:Set value" of rex_mustache plugin to save the value of "firstname", like "firstname" = "rex",

2. and the string saved in CSV might be "Hi, {{firstname}}".

3. after string replacement by expression mustache.render, "firstname" will be filled with "rex", and get result "Hi, rex"

Sounds like a quick and simple solution, thanks a lot for your awesome and insanely fast support!

• Hi there rexrainbow !

Thanks for creating the Plugin, i really like it a lot and am using it for creating a little Dialogue System for my Game.

Everything works like a charm and i can pull Dialogue Text and Animation for my Character Portrait out of the CSV. The only thing it won't pull for some reason is the Font Color for my Text Object, which i'm storing in the CSV as well.

Is there a reason for that or is there something i am missing? Thanks a ton!

• Font color in official text object is number type. Data in csv is string usually.

You might try bbcode text which could embed font color inside text content.

• Thanks for the reply. I found a Workaround using a Variable which switches the Color according to who's talking Thanks!

• Update

rex_csv plugin: add "action:add to" to increase value of a cell without read it back first.

• Is there a way to move one cell right, relative to the last cell displayed? For example:

Global Number ActiveDialog = 1

On Group activated,

• Set text to Dialog.At("FirstColumnWithDialog", ActiveDialog)

On 'next' button clicked,

• If Dialog.At([One to the right of the Current Column], ActiveDialog) = ""
      • Set Group deactivated
    • Else
      • Set text to Dialog.At([One to the right of the Current Column], ActiveDialog)

I was hoping to use this to break up a single character's dialogue into smaller parts, but have them continue one after the other. Otherwise, the CSV is going to end up incredibly long and very thin.

• Update

CSV plugin: add "Expression:PreviousCol" , "Expression:NextCol" , "Expression:PreviousRow" , "Expression:NextRow" to get previous/next of column or row name. ( sample capx )

Evdog

Update rex_csv plugin and try these new features. You could save current row name to get the next (right) row name.

• Thanks man! It works exactly as I'd hoped ^_^

For those wanting to use this in the future, I typed: "Set text to CSV.At(CSV.NextCol(CSV.AtCol), ActiveDialogue)"

• Update

rex_csv plugin: now "Expression:PreviousCol" , "Expression:NextCol" , "Expression:PreviousRow" , "Expression:NextRow" could ignore the col or row input, it will use AtCol / AtRow by default.

CSV.At("a", "c")
    CSV.At( CSV.NextCol, CSV.AtRow )
    CSV.At( CSV.AtCol, CSV.NextRow )[/code:da2evtad]
    It looks like a cursor moving on grids of table.

Evdog[/p] [/p] I forgot that I had made expression:AtCol / AtRow. I will use them to be a default col or row input. So the expression might be :[/p] [code:da2evtad]Set text to CSV.At(CSV.NextCol, ActiveDialogue)[/code:da2evtad]

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh sweet! That makes things simpler!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)