[Plugin]CB Hash (MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-256)

2 favourites
  • [attachment=0:2jrtvksb][/attachment:2jrtvksb]

I understand how to install the plugin - I can interact with it inside of C2. I guess I'm just at a loss for how to get it to work. Is it as simple as setting the value of a variable to CBhash.MD5("data"), or do I need to prime that variable somehow? Does the plugin need to be initiated in any way? There must be something I'm missing.

• Sestenes: Nothing to see with the Hash plugin, it's simply your text2 that isn't wide enough to display the whole hash.

When that happens, text objects just goes and display nothing.

Make your text2 far wider, and you will see the hash being displayed.

• Wow, that's embarrassing. Thank you very much for the help!

• Any chance you can add Base64 encode and decode?

• ethanpil: I'm not sure I want to add anything to this plugin anymore. Also, base64 is encoding/decoding, not hashing so not really 100% relevant to the current plugin.

There are other third-part addons dealing with base64 as you can see in the list.

Are those not good enough ?

• Working great as of September 2015

Cheers

• Kyatric

How do I recover the value of the hash?

• derikvlog: This is not an encryption/decryption system. It is just a hashing system.

It will just turn a string into a hash. You can't get a string out of the hash.

• Kyatric

Hi Kyatric,

would you mind updating the plugin (once again)?

Ive thrown an eye on this long ago - and now it comes to the point where hashs come in handy... and it doesnt work on the current C2 version :S

• Proxymity: I've just downloaded the plugin, placed it in the "construct2\exporters\html5\plugins\cbhash" folder as required and tried the example capx.

All worked as intended.

Make sure you are placing the plugin in the correct folder, it does not require an update on my part normally and is working as intended as far as I can tell.

If you encounter an error message, copy it here.

• I have a Bugreport

Problem Description

The last three Options disappear and appear on Mousehover in Actions menu.

Observed Result

Operating System and Service Pack

• Windows 10 Pro x64
    • Version 1511
    • Build 10586.420

Construct 2 Version ID

• Release 229 (64bit)

[EDIT:]

I changed the Icon of your plugin for a better overview, hope you don't mind.

• : Update your graphic card drivers.

You apparently also changed the name of the plugin within the edit files, it is not supposed to be "Hasher", so who knows what other modification you may have applied to the original files. Try to get back to the original exact files and see if you encounter the same issue.

Otherwise, it doesn't seem like an issue directly linked to the plugin, or to which I can do anything. This is inside C2's editor itself and the graphic card drivers update should help.

• : Update your graphic card drivers.

You apparently also changed the name of the plugin within the edit files, it is not supposed to be "Hasher", so who knows what other modification you may have applied to the original files. Try to get back to the original exact files and see if you encounter the same issue.

Otherwise, it doesn't seem like an issue directly linked to the plugin, or to which I can do anything. This is inside C2's editor itself and the graphic card drivers update should help.

• My Nvidia driver is allways on the latest - GTX 980ti rocks
    • I just swaped the Icon (deleted the original one, renamed the new one to "PluginIcon.ico"
    • I didn't touched the "edittime.js" file - no modifications - i gave only the Object another name (directly in Construct)
    • This problem is also present with the "untoched" folder
    • I doesn't have this problem with other 3th party plugins

Maybe its a Construct related bug

[EDIT:]

I reverted back to Construct version 227 stable and the bug is present there also ...

• Kyatric I would like to recreate the SHA-256 algorithm with events, just to play around, but I don't know how to store a 256 bit variable. Any thoughts on that?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Cipriux: C2 is based on JavaScript.

And in JavaScript, variables are dynamic type you rarely assign first.

In C2 itself, you do not assign types, you have either number or string.

So you can go ahead and assign the value of your choice to a number variable.

Nevertheless, in the algorithm itself, before producing the hash, there is an actual lot of string manipulation going on, formatting the value as a string through several format of arrays and other (if you look at the code in the runtime of the plugin, you can check all the functions at the end of the page, after the interfacing within Construct, functions like rstr_sha256() for example).

That algorithm is pretty complex, and actually having all the manipulations done within C2 events likely won't be as fast as using the plugin itself.

But still I hope this gives you an idea of how you could actually do it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)