Gesture Recognizer with multi stroke support (Plugin)

1 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Comprehensive localization solution for Construct 3 projects, no addons required!
  • Hi guys, this is my new plugin Gesture Recognizer with multi stroke support. It is compatible with Construct 2 and Construct 3

Stroke direction and order does not matter. In

Subscribe to Construct videos now

video you can watch some examples. and how use it:

Includes .capx, C2Addon and C3Addon files.

Conditions

• Is gesture
    • On gesture
    • On any gesture
    • On recognition fail

Actions

• Add point
    • Clear points
    • Set coincidence
    • Recognize
    • Delete gesture
    • Remove all user gestures
    • New gesture

Expressions

• Error
    • GestureName
    • MatchLevel (recognition accuracy)
    • Score

Get it on Scirra Store:

https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2 ... nizer-4097

• yojona Totally missed this one. I bought it and will try it out. Great addition to my plugin library if it works as intended Thank you

EDIT: Works fine! Is there a simple way to add your own gestures? Or is it only possible to add gestures using events?

• yojona Totally missed this one. I bought it and will try it out. Great addition to my plugin library if it works as intended Thank you

EDIT: Works fine! Is there a simple way to add your own gestures? Or is it only possible to add gestures using events?

You can draw your gesture with this tool and then add the coords with the plugin action. (I dont know who made this tool)

But you need clean the code generated to paste it to C2/C3 with the next format "x,y|x2,y2|x3,y3..."

Tip: paste the code generated into notepad or any text editor and use the function Search and Replace, then replace ",new Point(" with "|"

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm going to create my own tool to make it easier

• yojona Awesome thanks. I actually managed to get it working. I placed some sprites in the shape I wanted and used each X&Y as coordinates. For some reason I couldn't add my gestures through events but I edited the dollar file in the plugin folder and was able to add my custom shapes that way

But I'll use the tool from now on. Great plugin!

• yojona Awesome thanks. I actually managed to get it working. I placed some sprites in the shape I wanted and used each X&Y as coordinates. For some reason I couldn't add my gestures through events but I edited the dollar file in the plugin folder and was able to add my custom shapes that way

But I'll use the tool from now on. Great plugin!

Cool!

can you write a review on the Scirra Store, please?

• Of course, I left one now

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am very interested in this plugin. But I have some questions before I buy it.

First, It has been a hot minute since the last update on it. Is it still working fine in C3?

Second, I am still confused about how one goes about making custom gestures.

Let's say you plug in the cords of a gesture you want to make into the create gesture command. Do you need to draw on those exact points with the exact size, or will it work regardless of location and size anywhere? The info suggests that you can draw the custom gesture anywhere on the screen at any size and it will recognize it regardless of the locations of the original points. That would be great, so I am just double checking.

• I am very interested in this plugin. But I have some questions before I buy it.

First, It has been a hot minute since the last update on it. Is it still working fine in C3?

Second, I am still confused about how one goes about making custom gestures.

Let's say you plug in the cords of a gesture you want to make into the create gesture command. Do you need to draw on those exact points with the exact size, or will it work regardless of location and size anywhere? The info suggests that you can draw the custom gesture anywhere on the screen at any size and it will recognize it regardless of the locations of the original points. That would be great, so I am just double checking.

Hi haypers,

You are right, you can draw the gesture in any size and location. The algorithm will try to recognize your gesture, no need draw it in the exact points.

Gesture recognizer is tested in Construct 2 and Construct 3 (c2runtime)

• Thanks. Ill be buying this very soon.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)