[Behavior] Box2D+ (asm.js r2.3.0; v2.0)

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
2d mushroom sprite 2d game character enmy sprite game art
  • PlayerEmers - thanks for asking. The performance of Box2D+ is about the same as the standard Physics asm.js plugin - mine is, essentially, just a later and more complete version of Box2d. If you're aiming for mobile then my recommendation is you should only market to top of the range hardware. Make some tests using the standard plugin and see if the performance is good enough on the hardware you're aiming for. If you need prismatic joints, gear joints, gravity attractors, proper collision filtering and a physics based platform behavior in addition to the standard plugin's revolute joints then Box2D+ is probably what you're looking for. If you're not sure then don't buy this plugin just on the off-chance - it really has more to offer than the standard plugin, but performance increase isn't one of those numerous benefits because it's about the same.

• PlayerEmers - thanks for asking. The performance of Box2D+ is about the same as the standard Physics asm.js plugin - mine is, essentially, just a later and more complete version of Box2d. If you're aiming for mobile then my recommendation is you should only market to top of the range hardware. Make some tests using the standard plugin and see if the performance is good enough on the hardware you're aiming for. If you need prismatic joints, gear joints, gravity attractors, proper collision filtering and a physics based platform behavior in addition to the standard plugin's revolute joints then Box2D+ is probably what you're looking for. If you're not sure then don't buy this plugin just on the off-chance - it really has more to offer than the standard plugin, but performance increase isn't one of those numerous benefits because it's about the same.

thank you for replying

yeah i will see how things go when the project goes foward, testing peformance in some devices, etc... if everything is ok until peformance/gameplay tests end, i will just keep using the default physics behavior

but in a near feature, i'll probably buy it for other types of projects

its looks too damn good to skip it

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • oy Colludium

is it possible to limit the distance a revolute joint can be from it's original placement with your behavior?

cuz im having this type of problem here with the default physics behavior

when forced, the joints spread out

after a while they come back to the original position but i want to avoid it

• PlayerEmers - I don't think that there is and I suspect that this is a feature of all physics libraries (at least those based on box2d, from what I've seen).

• PlayerEmers - I don't think that there is and I suspect that this is a feature of all physics libraries (at least those based on box2d, from what I've seen).

ooh... ok

i think i will just ignore this thing/make it a gameplay feature (if you force the wheels you lose? lol)

anyway, thanks for your replies and sorry about wasting your time

• Colludium im going to disturb you again (sorry)

its possible with your plugin to disable collisions with a object for only one instance?

(see this: construct.net/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/disable-collisions-for-one-ins-69485 )

while its possible to do it with native box2d, its impossible to do it with the C2 physics behavior

example: im using the physics behavior to make enemies behave/move... when i collide with one enemy, i want that instance of enemy that i collided to disable collisions with pretty much everything else, while other enemies still work just fine

if is possible to do it, i will most certain buy your plugin right now

• Colludium im going to disturb you again (sorry)

its possible with your plugin to disable collisions with a object for only one instance?

(see this: construct.net/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/disable-collisions-for-one-ins-69485 )

while its possible to do it with native box2d, its impossible to do it with the C2 physics behavior

example: im using the physics behavior to make enemies behave/move... when i collide with one enemy, i want that instance of enemy that i collided to disable collisions with pretty much everything else, while other enemies still work just fine

if is possible to do it, i will most certain buy your plugin right now

Hi there - it's no bother! Yes, there are a couple of ways you can disable collisions with this behaviour (the standard plugin filters for object type, not object instance - this behaviour can do both).

1. If you want to filter per object type then you can set the collision filters - binary bit flags.

2. If you want to disable collision against one instance of an object type... There is a pre-solve condition that is true when Box2D is about to manage a collision. As an action you can then set for the behaviour to ignore that collision. It works per-tick, so you'd have to filter it for as long as you wanted this.

I'm using my phone but I hope this is enough info for you. ??

• Hi there - it's no bother! Yes, there are a couple of ways you can disable collisions with this behaviour (the standard plugin filters for object type, not object instance - this behaviour can do both).

1. If you want to filter per object type then you can set the collision filters - binary bit flags.

2. If you want to disable collision against one instance of an object type... There is a pre-solve condition that is true when Box2D is about to manage a collision. As an action you can then set for the behaviour to ignore that collision. It works per-tick, so you'd have to filter it for as long as you wanted this.

I'm using my phone but I hope this is enough info for you. ??

Colludium yeah, i think i understood

but... just to make sure: by "this behavior" you mean your box2d+ behavior? and that second solution will probably work just fine for me?

you can see what happens on this video: youtube.com/watch

and you can see my events on the image attached to this post or this link: i.imgur.com/xmmcfR6.png

i will wait your reply

because it is truly possible, i will quickly buy your behavior (even tho im short in money and cant careless spend money, but will be worth it i guess)

• Colludium how can i contact you privately? they removed private messages here on the forum

• Colludium how can i contact you privately? they removed private messages here on the forum

Come join the Discordapp forum and you can message me there: link.

Edited to correct the broken link.

• > Colludium how can i contact you privately? they removed private messages here on the forum

Come join the Discordapp forum and you can message me there: link.

link leads to nowhere

edit: nvm, found the link discordapp.com/invite/8RJBHbX

• Colludium

Version for C3 runtime will be awesome, are you planed some?

• Hi Tombas, sorry for the late reply - I don't frequent these forums very often now because I'm using Unity. Unfortunately I won't be converting this to the c3 runtime.

• Colludium

Okay :-) thanks for response, wish you luck with Unity projects :-)

• Colludium

Hi I have got notification from itch.io about update ... what's new in lates version? :-)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)