[Behavior] Box2D+ (asm.js r2.3.0; v2.0)

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
2d mushroom sprite 2d game character enmy sprite game art
  • matriax, you have to add the Box2D+ together with the Box2D Platform behavior to enable the behavior (the Platform behavior is a helper / controller and requires the Box2D+ plugin).

Edit: I have updated the platform behavior helper so that it warns you if the Box2D+ behavior is not present.

• Oh i see! sorry! thought was like the default platform. So to use the helpers you develop needs to have the Box2D+ too first, ok.

• No worries - it prompted me to add a functional check of the other attached plugins - the behaviors will tell you if there's an error now, rather than showing up as a javascript error.

• Colludium

Box2D+ supporting cocoon.io canvas+ ?

• Update v 1.15

Bugfix. I noticed that some vertices were being omitted after a custom shape was loaded by AsJSON import. This has now been fixed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • A new demo of how to use the array.AsJSON shape import.

The demo can be seen here. It's quite simple - left mouse to draw a shape, left mouse drag on a rectangle to drag it around. The shape you draw is loaded into the shaded rectangle as an array.AsJSON set of points. Thus you can create bespoke shapes during runtime if you wish.

The demo capx can be downloaded from here.

• Hi Quasar - sadly no - Box2D+ doesn't work with cocoon.io canvas.

• Colludium Thanks for the new update and the new demo "array.AsJSON" example!

• Colludium Thanks for the new update and the new demo "array.AsJSON" example!

You're welcome - this was also for you!! In fact, in re-making the shape-draw example I found the bug that caused the latest update. My separator algorithm had some dodgy mathematics!!

• [quote:3v9y7a5d]Hi Quasar - sadly no - Box2D+ doesn't work with cocoon.io canvas.

Well Webview+ (cocoon.io) ?

• [quote:e1jwgoo5]Hi Quasar - sadly no - Box2D+ doesn't work with cocoon.io canvas.

Well Webview+ (cocoon.io) ?

I have not tried to wrap it for mobile, other than testing canvas+ a while ago. It works well in webview, of course, but I don't know about webview+.

• Quasar - I just tested a quick dev build in Phonegap, exporting to android, and it works well there.

• Hi, thanks for the draw shape demo. When will be available the others? I mean the first one with all the different shapes falling and the pyramid objects with the three physics comparision.

• Hi, thanks for the draw shape demo. When will be available the others? I mean the first one with all the different shapes falling and the pyramid objects with the three physics comparision.

I will have to re-make that demo - unfortunately the capx has become corrupted and causes c2 to crash when I try to open it. If I can't find what's causing the load error, what sort of demo are you particularly interested in?

• I was looking for the pyramind objects one with the three physics engines comparision to do my tests that is what i'm more interested now, before redone again all the physics system in the prototype.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)