Babylon3D: Standard Edition

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
12 unique hits, slashes and spells in transparent PNG sequences
  • Can Blender3d or Maya be used to export armature animation to this thing?

I really dislike 3ds max, nothing personal

Thats gonna be the thing that wins me over in the end really

You should have made it a plugin for blender instead of construct2

the plugin has 3 exporters facilities, Maya which X3M likes the most, Blender which you seem to like, and Unity for those who have unity characters / assets and want to use them, like me

they should be explained on the first page if not on X3M's blog

Content :

You get :

-The plugin.

-The exporters for the 3D editors

-4 fully commented templates + 4 3DS max scenes.

-Free updates till v1.0.

-1 year of support, counting from the day of buying.

• Not Maya, 3DS max, Blender or Unity 5. And yes you can export armature animations with it.

I prefer 3DS max because its easier to use and has more functionalities than the other two. Also Blender's UI is just horrible.

• Some suggestions:

Actually all the plugin is based on one object. Have you considered separate in two or three to make it all more readable and easy to find actions? Like:

Babylon Scene ( Scene | Camera | Light | World | Sound | Overal settings )

Babylon Objects ( Material | Mesh | Object | Particles )

Babylon Physics ( Native | Cannon.js | Oimo.js )

What you think?

• blender fixed the interface issue long time ago.

I didnt seem to get an answer to my question. Does blender or Maya's exporter support armature animation

• blurymind There is no Maya exporter. Yes Blender's exporter supports armature animation.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • X3M sorry if i missed it but is there a possibility to have lets say a 2d game (layer) with some 3d models as a mixed result?

• spy84 Yep

• Hii guys!

Well, i'm excited with this new plugin, i can't stop testing every feature and try to do all kind of things.

I was able with events linking the C2 "sprite" objects with a babylon3D mesh. So now i can create a level in the C2 layout, and when the scene is loaded, will recreate with 3D models that level i build in the C2 layout.

Is a simple "On scene loaded"-> For each "sprite" object -> Clone "Object_name" mesh in X/Y/Z position. The X/Y/Z position is the "Sprite" X(width) and Z(height) position with their coordinates converted & corrected(2D>3D). For Y (Floor/plants) i guess the best option is use the layers system, will see. Maybe is primitive but works for now.

In the same way, i made an object-mesh always get their position updated and create a 3D model moving with the original C2 behaviours because their are added to the "Sprite" object, and the mesh simply moves in the same % position the sprite does.

So, i said, ok, but what can we do more with the babylon3D plugin? Maybe a 3D editor? I'm going to try... and after 1 hour this is the result:

Some gif teaser:

And if you are interested here is the 2min video:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

NOTE: This 3D editor was only a test to know the possibilities, stopped because an "Editor Edition" will be developed by the Babylon3D plugin creator when this "Scene Loader Edition" reaches the v1.0.

• X3M i saw 0.3 is up. can u upload a screenshot with some features added in this version cause i dont understand lets say the "12 behaviours added". which behaviours? also what are the plans/new features for next releases until version 1.0 in summary? i really want to buy it but i want to know more maybe a presentation tutorial would be good

• spy84

Here is how you can make games using this plugin:

1st step : You design your levels in a 3D editor just like this :

2nd step: And then for each object you wanna assign an action to, you create a item on the C2 layout :

3rd step: You assign behaviors and actions to your object on the event sheet.

Last step: You test the project, here is a demo of this one:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/adventure ... demo-12658

• it looks amazing!

• Just a quick question for those who tried this and Q3D as well. Does making simple 3D games is easier with Babylon3D than with Q3D? I heard that the latter made it very complicated, even more so than using a 3D engine.

• Just a quick question for those who tried this and Q3D as well. Does making simple 3D games is easier with Babylon3D than with Q3D? I heard that the latter made it very complicated, even more so than using a 3D engine.

Babylon is more confusing for me since it has a different way of working with the 3d models, as simplicity and speed of scene assemble, Q3D takes the crown, however, performance wise, Babylon3D wins.

The only "complicated" aspect of Babylon3D from my point of view, is that you need to build your entire game(models,scene etc) basically in Maya or Blender, then export that scene and call each object in C2. The update 0.3 made me more confused, i was thinking will be more like Q3D, but no, its the same as 0.2 just you can add C2 sprites, to act as placeholders, and use the C2 behaviors. Hopefully by the time of V1.0, there will be tutorials covering everything also.

Cause ATM i have no idea what im doing.

Edited:

glerikud

when i was saying simplicity wise, i was comparing the Q3D and Babylon3D with the simplicity and the way we do things in C2, Babylon takes away that simplicity, since you have to do some extra work in a 3D external editor (Maya,etc). However if you plan on doing a 3D game, you will end up modeling, so if your already modeling, i guess you can also create the entire scenes, adding the characters, walls etc there, and then export everything and load in C2 by doing that it has a sort of Simplicity by itself also, since you wont need to load every 3d object like you do with Q3D, but load directly the scene, going back to comparing it with Q3D way, and C2 way, its not like that. By the time, il play more in Babylon and learn some Maya interface, im pretty sure il be moving to Babylon for 3D, atm im still using Q3D, however are parts that i dont like about it, from modeling exporting, to manipulating meshes (which we all know its a pain unless you know what you are doing). So id give also the Crown in end to Babylon3D, plus i think i said it since i first tried Babylon, the loading and resource usage CPU/RAM/GPU wise, its not even comparable with Q3D i mean B3D is blazing fast.

• Babylon is more confusing for me since it has a different way of working with the 3d models, as simplicity and speed of scene assemble, Q3D takes the crown, however, performance wise, Babylon3D wins.

The only "complicated" aspect of Babylon3D from my point of view, is that you need to build your entire game(models,scene etc) basically in Maya or Blender, then export that scene and call each object in C2. The update 0.3 made me more confused, i was thinking will be more like Q3D, but no, its the same as 0.2 just you can add C2 sprites, to act as placeholders, and use the C2 behaviors. Hopefully by the time of V1.0, there will be tutorials covering everything also.

Cause ATM i have no idea what im doing.

Thank you for the answer.

• how does it handle object instancing? Is that preserved in the export?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)