Airconsole controller maker

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • Psychokiller1888 just tried it again and it works fine! Probably was a cache issue indeed. amariscal Psychokiller1888 isn't talking about the iphone scaling issue. I would have tried it myself but i only have android devices.

• ishmaelmoreno Good, you scared me

• Has anyone tried the capx of the driver I sent? Is it shown in full screen on iPhone? Psychokiller1888 Ustes shows an image of AirConsole Simulator. Have you tried your iPhone driver? Do you have iPhone screen capture? I do not think it's a cache issue. It's something more technical.

amariscal,

I am see the same issues that you are seeing. Here are photos and screenshots from various devices:

Nexus 5 - The square is correctly centered in the screen:

iPhone 7 Plus - The square is pushed partway down the screen:

iPad Air 2 - The square is also pushed partway down the screen:

A few days ago, I started the following thread on stack overflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4192 ... er-created

I think it might help if we had more people looking at the problem -- I'm stumped at the moment.

• cjbruce Do you have Skype so we can collaborate and resolve this problem ? I've got some fixes that I want you to try.

Your project won't get approved by Airconsole if that problem persists right ?

• cjbruce Do you have Skype so we can collaborate and resolve this problem ? I've got some fixes that I want you to try.

Your project won't get approved by Airconsole if that problem persists right ?

X3M,

We're pretty close to launching our game, so we don't want to make any big changes in the next few weeks. We're actually hardcoding the controller using jQuery and divs instead of HTML5 canvas/Construct 2.

For what it is worth, I also used the Phaser.io "Tanks" example to create a Phaser.io-based controller:

1. I renamed the "Tanks" game screen.html as controller.html. I used this because it has all of the appropriate working AirConsole code, but was not created using Construct 2.

2. I used the existing "Pong" example as my screen.html.

3. I loaded the resulting game in the AirConsole simulator.

Everything loaded fine in the simulator and on my Nexus 5, but the Phaser.io-generated controller screen shifted on my iOS devices, just like it does using the Construct 2 AirConsoleController plugin. Since the same problem occurs in controllers created with both Phaser.io and Construct 2, I suspect the fundamental issue is an interaction between the AirConsole code and canvas elements.

I would be happy to set up a Skype session. Can we work it out over PM?

• cjbruce Oh then the problem is not related to my plugin. If I were you I would report this problem to Airconsole devs so that they fix it asap.

Or they should explain why this problem exists only on iOS devices.'

Good luck with your project !

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • X3M, sounds good. Would you mind taking a look at the stackoverflow thread I posted above?

I don't know if it is something that can be fixed in code (a weird CSS setting that could be overridden with javascript, maybe?), but it might be possible to make a fix in the C2 plugin. This wouldn't help the Phaser.io and Unity folks, of course.

• X3M

I can't do the first step because I am missing the addon.

http://imgur.com/a/k5rWu

How do I install it, where can I find it?

• Never mind, I was looking for a ".c2addon" when i just needed to paste the folder into the plugin directory

• Any news on the solution for the scaling problem in the devices?

• arod17pr Try opening your controller.html and adding this tag after the <head>:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-fit=no">[/code:e8e5gzwc]
  • X3M I will test it and let you know how it goes. Thank you!

• arod17pr Try opening your controller.html and adding this tag after the <head>:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-fit=no">[/code:18zlpp2v]

X3M

It does not work with IOS. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

• X3M hey! one interesting issue i've noticed is when using the controller via browser(chrome on android) and not the app itself, it doesn't register properly. eg say device1 clicks menu 1 it's suppose to hide that layer called menu1 and show the select layer and on the monitor screen. However it still remains on menu but on the monitor screen it changes to the select layer but if i use the app the problem does not occur.

• ishmaelmoreno

Are you sure it's not a cache problem? Do you use CTRL+F5 to refresh? Did you use simple javascript console.log(); and most importantly Construct 2 Browser.Log() to debug? Do you check your console when trying? (F12) If you see

in your console (note, device_id 1 to xxx of course), your controllers are connected

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)