Physics: For the layman.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Ok, for a note, I suck at math. Physics is more or less my worst nightmare, but it is a LOT of fun once you figure out how it works. So, I am attempting to create highly visual little tutorials/examples to demonstrate some of the basic physics functions, in a way that is approachable. So here it is, the first set of examples: it illustrates the some of basic physics behavior functions, including gravity, making objects immobile and non-rotating, what linear and angular damping are, and what contact friction and elasticity are. I hope this is useful!

http://www.2shared.com/file/4805281/b87 ... ayman.html

• I suck at math and physics too, and found this stuff out by playing around with it a few weeks ago. Construct makes physics so much fun while learning it! Nice tutorials anyway. Look forward to seeing more.

• Your tutorial looks slick as hell .

I think it might be a little light on info though. Perhaps more text boxes that you can click "next" on or something to fill out details. Maybe go into the difference between moving a regular object by x/y and moving a physics object with Add or Set Force, or the difference between sprite rotation and physics torque, etc.

And I like the interactivity of it, perhaps you could include some more hands-on stuff like knocking balls around or stacking boxes. Things like objects of different masses colliding are easier to see when there's more than one object involved.

Really nice start though, I can't wait to see more

• Thanks for the ideas deadeye! Ill whip up something over the next couple of days and get a new version posted.

• Alrighty! Added a little more to this tutorial to explain X/Y translation interactions and to make the gravity examples more interactive and interesting. Enjoy your drag and drop box stacking

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DES4NA3U

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • These look well done Nice work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)