Dialog tree, loaded from file

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Source File, music and art pack for Android Negotiator
  • This is a dialog tree that loads everything from a .ini file.

It uses State Machine, INI file, SpriteFont and SpriteButton.

Nevermind the loose text object >_<

For some reason, I can't get to state 4. I can't figure it out =/ help?

http://www.udec.cl/~jfuente_alba/dialogtree.zip

EDIT: State Machine is lacking something very important: an expression to get the current state.

• The link doesn't seem to work for me.

• As I recall Madster did have some problems with certain areas not being able to download from his hosting, but this time it might actually be the earthquake! Hopefully his server isn't rubble.

• It is more about landlines being torn by the earthquakes. Backbone network is overloaded or something and there's a few dead branches.

• hmm... this doesn't really do anything or say anything. Am i missing something obvious?

• Okay, I'm back, sorta.

I used that server to avoid the connectivity problem the other server has. Then the university got really damaged by the quake. =/

So now I'll upload it in the usual server that is invisible from certain countries. Oh well.

http://octavoarte.cl/dialogtree.zip

What it does is present buttons with options, which take you to new dialogs with new options. This could be used to make dialog trees in Construct, where the dialog is stored in easily modifiable ini files.

There is one bug that I can't quite pin down, so if the dialog doesn't go where you would assume it would go, that's the bug. It seems to happen in very specific places.

• Okay, I'm back, sorta.

I used that server to avoid the connectivity problem the other server has. Then the university got really damaged by the quake. =/

So now I'll upload it in the usual server that is invisible from certain countries. Oh well.

http://octavoarte.cl/dialogtree.zip

What it does is present buttons with options, which take you to new dialogs with new options. This could be used to make dialog trees in Construct, where the dialog is stored in easily modifiable ini files.

There is one bug that I can't quite pin down, so if the dialog doesn't go where you would assume it would go, that's the bug. It seems to happen in very specific places.

I've got it this time..Thanks man.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tested it with latest Construct and still doesn't work correctly for some unknown reason.

You'd be better off using a global variable than the state machine object, as it doesn't provide any new functionality (besides state validation, which is pretty useless if you're specifying destination state with an event) and it seems to be broken =/

• Where I can find StateMachine.csx? Example doesn't work withot this plugin.

• the state machine is in that thread. Madster ill see if i can find the source and make some additions to it but ive been super busy with school....

• Aeal... I could never make it work properly, plugin would sometimes just refuse to change states

I would offer to take over but I always end up posponing working on plugins, as I get tired by just setting up the compiler and getting the default plugin to compile so dunno.

• It looks like I may have lost the source, ill have to fumble through my desktop looking for it to make sure. I know this was a requested behavior so I may make a behavior version of it shouldn't take too long, ill have to see if I have some time this weekend.

• :O

well if you're starting from scratch....

I'd like to see:

-named states: State "idle" (you could still use numbers internally for speed)

-transitions as event strings:

+State Machine: go from "idle" to "running" on "run key pressed" (this action adds the transition)

+State Machine: process event "run key pressed" (this would trigger the previously added transition if the machine was in state "idle")

-detailed events: On State enter, Is in state, On state leave. These should be mutually exclusive, that is, only one of them will fire at any given time.

I realize I might be asking too much let me know if that's the case.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)