Challenge: Improve this bloom effect

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
City ride is a game to improve your memory.You have to focus and remember the information related to passengers of previ
  • 640fps unoccluded, 100fps worst case

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Now I'm getting 400-600 FPS. But I think it looks a lot better now. Especially on the fence I got from google images.

http://www.willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=66456

Can you guys tell me your FPS.

I'm getting 66 fps when the sun is completely blocked, and above 500 when not blocked at all.

You can speed up the first situation up to 6 times by replacing 'wall' with 'bloomraycaster' in events 7 and 8.

your new example seems to lack rays surface area, theres pretty much on or off, and nothing inbetween. thats where most of the cpu drain in our example comes from, the in betweens

Actually, the ray-thingies come out depending on the settings of the light-object. If you make the shadow-filter a lighter colour, then you get less rays. If you make it darker, your sun will shine less brightly, but you will get more rays.

• rule of thumb: you shouldn't use textures bigger than 1024x1024. I know it's just a test cap, only mentioning it in case you didn't already know. Having either the width or height of the texture bigger than 1024 makes a 2048x2048 image, which can cause slowdowns on older machines.

• rule of thumb: you shouldn't use textures bigger than 1024x1024. I know it's just a test cap, only mentioning it in case you didn't already know. Having either the width or height of the texture bigger than 1024 makes a 2048x2048 image, which can cause slowdowns on older machines.

There isn't. The sprite is larger/stretched but the texture is 1000x1000.

You can speed up the first situation up to 6 times by replacing 'wall' with 'bloomraycaster' in events 7 and 8.

You are absolutely right. I don't know how I missed that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)