Animation Functions Not working Example

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Ouch. For a tech support thread.

• I noticed you use Aligned and NonAligned animations mixed in the same system. Feels kinda *unnatural*.

In an attempt to make myself clear here are 3 caps.

1/ what i called NonAligned.

2/ what i call Aligned

Or another example, but this time aligned to a behavior driven sensor.

3/

Questions: Is there anyone having a coherent system in this matter ? Is there an official way for doing this ? What would be the best way to do this ?

• Is the one with ball behavior supposed to bounce around the screen like that or was that just a bug?

• Nope, thats kinda inevitable, when using a square to bounce like a ball. Hardly a bug.

And thats not the issue. The issue is about aligning the angle sub animations with directions.

In that specific example the players object gets moved by a sensor. Logic is to place the players object on the sensor. AND align the animation to the sensors directions. That is sensor driven in its pure form. Snap position and angle.

In the .cap that triggerd me to get my mind on this, the "top animation" is choosen independed from the sensors behavior. The angle sub animation gets choosen depending on key inputs and collsions between the "players object" and the enviriment. (i dont think it works, even with animations working fine, but that we will see)

And! Since i don seem to be able to figure this completely out on myself, i am asking if there is someone who is using a coherent system in this ?

Aligning to the sensor ? Or otherwise ? Align to the behavior ?

Oh and did you see the aniations line up fine with the "8 directions" ?

Be so nice to bring your ideas, and help me to develop a coherent, working, general system. And not only for me.

ThanX

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No one aligns animations ?

• I noticed you use Aligned and NonAligned animations mixed in the same system. Feels kinda *unnatural*.

In an attempt to make myself clear here are 3 caps.

1/ what i called NonAligned.

2/ what i call Aligned

Or another example, but this time aligned to a behavior driven sensor.

3/

Questions: Is there anyone having a coherent system in this matter ? Is there an official way for doing this ? What would be the best way to do this ?

I really have no idea what you're talking about, nor do I see what your examples are trying to show (Other that they work). Care to elaborate?

And unrelated upload for the same thread but a different issue.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)