SpriteFont (v0.99.5RC) - new update, small bugfixes

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • heh, i was in the middle of editting that when you posted

• Looking good!

I have a small request. Would it be possible to use decimals for coords? As it is now it will only use whole numbers.

• Thank you so much for this awesome extension.

• ChangeLog

v0.3b

fixed:

• crash when testing for cursor position when not in edit box
    • crash when testing for cursor position when not locked to grid
    • several crashes when checking for information on a character, when you had not picked them through "for each character"(now return 0 instead of crashing)

added:

• condition: Is Writing
    • condition: In Edit Box
    • condition: Edit Box Ended

also, added a cap, to show how the edit box and cursor works

you can move the cursor with the arrow keys, aside from the automovement with typing

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1013446/bitmapped%20text/tutorials/cursor.cap

Newt, if you can do me a favor, and list the different types of coords that should have float values, because I will have to change several values, and I'd prefer to do them all at once.

the position of the phrase?, the y offset for characters? etc.. I don't need to know each action to change them in, just which types of values other than phrase position you'd like to see as floats

don't worry quazio...sorry, I mean Davi. set range through string still coming.

newt, still looking into the private variables

and thank you holymonkey.

• lol you did the circle text! XD

• [quote:2745893t]Newt, if you can do me a favor, and list the different types of coords that should have float values, because I will have to change several values, and I'd prefer to do them all at once.

the position of the phrase?, the y offset for characters? etc.. I don't need to know each action to change them in, just which types of values other than phrase position you'd like to see as floats

It would appear that setting x,y coords works fine for floats, but the scrolling functions don't.

So far it's just:

increment scroll x

increment scroll y

Decrement Scroll X

Decrement Scroll y

Scroll X to

Scroll Y to

Otherwise I don't think there's anything else that uses integers that needs to be changed... that I know of. Still some stuff here I don't know what to expect it to do.

• Just given this a proper test drive. It's really cool! And it works differently to how I'd have thought, which actually allows more functionality (the circle text is wicked).

Two things: you shouldn't name it Template.csx , and, the conditions would benefit from having %o added to them, so you can identify which object they're from.

Otherwise, lookin real good.

• thanks rich, and everyone else for the positive feedback. another version will be coming soon with the promised additions.

this will probably be within a week or two after 99.4, along with an update to custom keys to make it work with david's 360 contoller plugin.

i will also do my best to get started on the documentation for this, as there are alot of ace stuffs to get through.

still trying to get my own project off of the ground, so probably around the same time there'll be a demo of that as well...an ugly alpha demo, but it'll give an idea of what the engine will be able to do.

thanks again everyone for the testing and suggesting

most of whats been suggested is going to be there by the next version, so get anymore suggestions in if you think of em

• Hmm... Can I make a suggestion?

I've just come across a site with bitmapped fonts, and these fonts are all in one image, except separated by singular pixels of a particular colour in ASCII order, specifically for the awesome Bitmap Font Writer. Perhaps this object could also support something like this? Just a suggestion, so people who have those types of bitmap font images won't have to tediously split 'em and then assign every specific frame to a certain letter.

• i dont know how to write plugins that create or manipulate graphics in any way that isnt built into construct. however, one of these days i was considering making an easy fontsprite splitter app with construct. and i coulf include that feature

• i dont know how to write plugins that create or manipulate graphics in any way that isnt built into construct. however, one of these days i was considering making an easy fontsprite splitter app with construct. and i coulf include that feature

That would be pretty awesome. Trying to get each frame right is a pain, really, when one could just have it all in a single file that can be split automatically.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • is this plugin complete now?

• no

sorry for the long delay

i will do my best to have it done by next sunday

(not tommorow)

assuming the current bugs and features are final, that should be perfectly possible

and that will be the final version

• update, it might take an extra week now, because I'm going to be moving to a new home this week

and this is a last minute unplanned thing

thank you for your patience all

• thank you for the but-kicking plug-in!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)