[PLUGIN] Input System v0.96b (21/03/2011): Keyb+Mouse+Joy

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • I don't think it's the plugin that's glitchy with the modal layout object, I think it's the modal layout object that's glitchy with everything else. It has a lot of bugs and as such I recommend not using them.

• How are they that glitchy? I've never had much of a problem with them with anything else. Just one of two glitches, but they've been fixed. I don't see anything else wrong with them.

• 'On left mouse clicked' isn't properly recognized, sometimes they wouldn't open properly, the number of them in the layout was counted incorrectly, and even once upon closing a modal layout the underlying layout began running the wrong event sheet, and I've also heard other people mention some stuff I can't remember.

• It may be glitchy, but I will look into it.

• Ok it worked with 2 InputSystems, one for each layout, so you have to pass InputSystem configuration using Get/Set control configuration data and a temporary variable. Not very clean, but that should work

Meanwhile, when I was testing this layout system, sometime It crashes with this message:

"You can't have a layout object set to view it's own layout!".

My example is here:

http://www.box.net/shared/aoxqns0dkr

• How can I disable/ignore the controls?

• If you mean to have a specific control not triggered at will, you can't. You have to manage it in your cap file or clear all controls and set only the controls you need.

I could add this functionality.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you mean to have a specific control not triggered at will, you can't. You have to manage it in your cap file or clear all controls and set only the controls you need.

I could add this functionality.

The other day I was looking into removing a specific control, figured that I couldn't and ended up doing what you mentioned. Having this functionality would improve Input System even more, so hopefully you'll add it in a future version. Would be very much appreciated.

• Ok, it wil be added in the next version (coming soon )

• Hi all,

Does any one tried the Force Feedback feature? I would like to know what you think of it.

BTW, can an admin move my thread to "Work-in-progress addons" please?

Thanks.

• Thanks for creating this plugin it works really well for implementing controllers

I think i've found a bug though, when assigning buttons. (Maybe other controls)

If you assign a control say

Name of control "ButtonX"

Device type "Joystick"

Device component type "Button or key"

Component number for buttons, sliders, POV and 3DVector "35"

This should assign button 35 on a controller to the control "ButtonX" however it seems like if your controller doesn't have a 35th button the game/program will crash.

I'm not sure if this will happen with other controls like assigning a DPad or analogue stick control that doesn't exist on a controller as both the controllers i own have both.

You can see this in action if you edit one of the buttons in Input System example 2, change say "button4" / Component number for buttons, sliders, POV and 3DVector "4" to 35.

Also the controller has to be plugged in.

• Thank you, I've found and corrected the bug.

So now, if value is too big, it will take the biggest one (e.g. last button number).

New release 0.93b ready.

• Wow thanks for the quick bug fix

I've just tested this in my game and the input system example 2, no crashes or errors.

If i find any other bugs I'll let you know and detail them here, excellent work.

Also I was wondering, is it ok to use this plugin in a commercial game?

• Yes you can.

I use the same Licence as Contruct (GPL).

• What is the difference between this plugin and the object mouse/keyboard, already present in Construct?

(I've already noticed in your description that it supports joystick.)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)