Whats going on with my HUD disappearing when Scroll Y is 0%

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Well goodmorning or evening!

Found some time again and decided to start learning construct well again.So trying to make this scrolling paralax space shooter while learning from the well known platform school.

Bah iam talking and talking so right to the point gentlemen.When i use Scroll Y to make my HUD layer stay where it is ..well it just disappears! but only with scroll Y because Scroll X doesnt have any problem.

see for yourself : http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=995b40ae4b7d85c0d0d290dca69ceb5ce04e75f6e8ebb871

Am i missing something ? did a good search here but dont seem to find anything or an example on Scroll Y set to 0% (while on the other hand there are many things on Scroll X set to 0%)

Well please help thank you in advance!

• You have to place your HUD stuff in the layout relative to the first outlined screen. Your HP bar sits all the way down in your layout, so it won't be visible.

Also for a HUD like that it's the Scroll Rate you want to set to 0%. In your case it would be enough to set Scroll Y Rate to 0% for the HUD layer.

• Hey thanks Pixelrebirth for answering!

The problem is (i hope that i understand) that i have already done these.I hope at least i have done them correct.

I have created a seperate layer to make my HUD just as the HUD tutorial.

Also i was meant to say Scroll rate Y considering my problem.Iam sorry for that.

Thats why i uploaded the cap file because iam learning while creating and not sure about a bunch of things!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The problem is (i hope that i understand) that i have already done these.I hope at least i have done them correct.

I have created a seperate layer to make my HUD just as the HUD tutorial.

Also i was meant to say Scroll rate Y considering my problem.Iam sorry for that.

You did set Scroll Y Rate to 0%, however you put the HP bar out of the screen. Like I said before:

You have to place your HUD stuff in the layout relative to the first outlined screen. Your HP bar sits all the way down in your layout, so it won't be visible.

To be clear: when you start out in the layout editor, there's one outlined rectangle which represents your game's window/resolution. So place all the stuff on a Scroll Rate 0% layer inside this rectangle in order for it to appear on the screen. It doesn't matter that your game is actually starting all the way down in the layout.

• Bah! i can't believe i missed something so basic! ah well my many thanks to you my good man and now iam off to continue

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)