Various Consruct capabilities related Question

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Human/Character Base Pixel Art Sprites in various poses (nearly 100 files)
  • 1. Is it possible to have more then 8 angles to make the rotation animation even more fluid and smoth?

2. is there a way to set the condition for a moving object "when accelerate/deaccelerate", so a custome animation is being played when object speed is increasing/decreasing?

3. lets say i have an object which has a rotation animation on X dimension (i dont know the english word for it, i mean Y and X and Z - i hope you know what i mean). Now this object has some other objects attached to it on a fixed position. lets say a turret on a spaceship. if i would assing that turret object to image point with specific name, will he be attached to it even if the animation changes? (think two diffrent animation with the same image points but placed on a diffrent possition). diffrently said - will they update their position to the new possition of image point?

4. old question but... fog of war(starcraft style). i know how to simulate this effect: i would attach an invisible round object to the player character. then make two fammilies: structures and units. and then make it so when that round object overlays the structures - it makes them visible on the layout. and for units i would make it so that ONLY when round object and units fammilie members object they are visible making them go invisible as soon as round object and units does not overlays anymore. or it can be just done by more elegant - code based by creating an conditions always checking for distance betwen the objects and switching their visibility dynamicaly. this would simulate the visibility of "fog of war" but not the visiuals. ofcourse half of the visiouls can be made just by placaing light object on the player. but this would be everything else pitch black or semivisible. and we all know that a proper FoW effect is made by 2 visiouls: 1. for unknown(pitch black) and 2. for known but not in range(pitchblack with some sort of noise + blur + darken effect. now when i know how to make one of them i dont know how to make both of them work - at once. the only idea that crosses my mind is to spawn hell load of pitch black objects around the whole layout + semi-pitch black light based effect. but i can only imagine what a slideshow the game would become with some many objects. so, any ideas?

i would write more but then some people will bash me for this wall of text

• 1- you can simply create a secondary set of animations with 8 angles and program your own animation, or create a "turnaround" animation with different angles that's being showed when the character is turning. To me, it won't really improve the visual quality of a game and cost a lot of HDD space.

2- I haven't seen such a function with the platform behavior, but you can store the position of the object during 3 frames and combine them so you obtain two 2-dimensionnal vectors. You compare the two vectors and... you can see if your character is accelerating.

Or you can program your own platform movement with events.

3- It will be attached to the same image point (the same name or ID). You only have to place it on every animation you make for your spaceship.

4- Dunno the right technique. I'd personnally draw objects on the screen to hide a part of the map, according to values stored in a dynamic array, but I think this isn't the best solution.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:1qldbgrl]1- you can simply create a secondary set of animations with 8 angles and program your own animation, or create a "turnaround" animation with different angles that's being showed when the character is turning. To me, it won't really improve the visual quality of a game and cost a lot of HDD space.

hmm thats not exactly what i meant. i mean, if you look at the animatior there are only 8 angles. i would like to place more then just that for not only turning but also movement which has all 360 degress. of course i wont make that many. but twice the default - 16.

and why it would cost more space? i mean, obviously it will. but perhaps just 100kb more. when i properly convert pgn, each frame is not more then 10kb. so instead of full animation being 80kb total, i would have 160kb. and whats 160kb comparing to my hi-res planet texture which alone weights 3mega.

and btw - i dont know what conditions i can use to make the engine detect turning around

[quote:1qldbgrl]

2- I haven't seen such a function with the platform behavior, but you can store the position of the object during 3 frames and combine them so you obtain two 2-dimensionnal vectors. You compare the two vectors and... you can see if your character is accelerating.

Or you can program your own platform movement with events.

hmm... i see. thank you.

[quote:1qldbgrl]3- It will be attached to the same image point (the same name or ID). You only have to place it on every animation you make for your spaceship.

ahhh splendid! thank you very much. thats what i wanted to hear

[quote:1qldbgrl]4- Dunno the right technique. I'd personnally draw objects on the screen to hide a part of the map, according to values stored in a dynamic array, but I think this isn't the best solution.

yeah i figured that one out too =\ i cant think of anything more. and today is like 3rd day of me thinking.

MAYBE, just maybe there is a way if i would be somehow able to directly from in game cut off some pieaces of the object. but for something like that i need someone with higher and biger knowledge and understonding of Construct then me.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)