Trying to spawn ONE (1) object

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hi!

I am completely inexperienced using constuct, I have just gone through the ghost tutorial and am halfway through the platform tutorial, so the solution here is probably pretty easy. (I have had fun figuring every thing else out, but this is frustrating me)

I have started to make a pong/breakout game where I want to add in some other challenge every ten points. I have got the basic pong part down, but when the player gets to ten points, I want a moving block to appear in the middle of the play area.

The problem is, I can't get one block to be created, I get blocks created constantly as long as the player is at ten points, and then it stops when he gets to 11.

Thanks!

• There is an option under,

System-Special conditions-Trigger once while true.

So try adding that to the same condition you are using to create the block.

• Thanks, I found it!

It still doesn't work right, though. Here is the cap http://www.box.net/shared/hvbk3r77sb. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but the slider that I want to show up in the middle doesn't even show up now, and I forget how I got it there in the first place. My screen jumps a little when the score hits ten like it is trying to do something, but doesn't.

Thanks again, I know these questions are extremely basic.

• I put "trigger once" into a sub-event of "is global variable 'create slider'=1" and moved the actions into that sub-event. That seemed to work. It might also work to change 'create slider' back to 0 after its created.

• Hey Rostasky, sorry i dropped out of chat, my internet was crashing

I took a look at it, and it seems the trigger event needs to be a subevent. you'll see the option down below the insert new condition option. Then move the events onto the subevent and it will work.

As a side note, there is a crop tool in the image editor, and pressing 5 on the number pad(check numlock) will center the action point so when things turn around they will stay centered.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • System: 0 Is global variable 'CreateSlider' Equal to 1

SystemCreate object Slider 0 on layer 1 at (DisplayWidth/2, DisplayHeight/2)

> SystemSet global variable 'CreateSlider' to 0

SliderSet angle to 90

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)