transparent layout?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
94 Inside buildings views - Isometric view - PNG transparent - 2048x2048
  • i am making a game without a window titlebar and border, but i don't know if it possible to make the layout background invisible, so, if possible to do it?

• i am making a game without a window titlebar and border, but i don't know if it possible to make the layout background invisible, so, if possible to do it?

As far as I know that isn't possible, I'm afraid. (If you want to see the desktop behind your game, that is)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • bad news

and yes, my game has a irregular frame, and a want to make transparent the part that i'm not using for the game

and is there a way to make it using phyton?

• We come to the borders of my knowledge, so my answer is a bit vague. I know that shaping a window is done by using a black&white bitmap and that it is done on the sytem layer. Also I would assume that shaping a window is only possible on the 2D-layer of the system. In other words: with DirectX as in Construct you can't have a shaped window, regardless of using Constructs parameters or using Python. I hope some other with a bit more knowledge can answer it more precise.

• We come to the borders of my knowledge, so my answer is a bit vague. I know that shaping a window is done by using a black&white bitmap and that it is done on the sytem layer. Also I would assume that shaping a window is only possible on the 2D-layer of the system. In other words: with DirectX as in Construct you can't have a shaped window, regardless of using Constructs parameters or using Python. I hope some other with a bit more knowledge can answer it more precise.

For the sake of argument, I'm going to agree this is more or less correct. Suffice to say that it's generally outside the scope of what the DirectX or XNA libraries can do, much less Construct.

If you really wanted to do this, it would be necessary to write code at a slightly lower level. It's certainly doable in C++ or C#, but you'll find that you're largely on your own for the graphics handling, etc, once you're at that point.

I've never tried integrating DirectX or XNA with it, personally, so take this with a grain of salt: If you're feeling inclined to be adventurous, here's a link (C#) that could be useful. I suspect that you could take a form like that, render your graphics to video memory in the background (via DirectX), and blit them onto the surface of the form.

Good luck!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)