Sorry, another question

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • I am trying to experiment with making walls/boundaries. So far I can make an object/wall that prevents the motion of the player, but I am having trouble making it so the monsters cannot pass through.

I have tried making the walls and monsters solids as well as played with the physics behavior. Also tried to have the monsters choose a new angle based on collision or overlap of the wall, but none have stopped them so far.

(This is based within the framework of the ghost shooter game so far, ie top down shooter)

• The Ghosts in that example are using the bullet movement.

That is likely what is confusing you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You don't need the physics behavior for this. If you make the ghosts have a Ball movement instead of Bullet, you can set them to bounce off solids, and insert your wall and mark it as solid.

Alternatively just have an event like

+ Ghost collides with wall

-> Set ghost angle to Ghost.Angle + 180

That'll turn it round the other way if it touches the wall.

• You don't need the physics behavior for this. If you make the ghosts have a Ball movement instead of Bullet, you can set them to bounce off solids, and insert your wall and mark it as solid.

Alternatively just have an event like

+ Ghost collides with wall

-> Set ghost angle to Ghost.Angle + 180

That'll turn it round the other way if it touches the wall.

I tried the collision + new angle, but that didnt help with the bullet movement. I will try switching them to ball now. Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)