Relative z-order of objects after copy paste?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Is there a way to copy and paste a set of overlapping objects such that they retain their original relative z-order? That is, if you have objects "A", "B", and "C" with the z-order sequence of A:1 B:2 and C:3, then is there a way to perform a copy-paste such that the newly pasted objects are ordered A:4, B:5, C:6 ?

It seems that whenever I copy and paste a set of overlapping objects, the z-order of the pasted set of objects is scrambled. The nature of the scramble seems partly dependant on the number of objects copied, and possibly the order in which the objects were first created. I may just be doing something wrong, as I'm still a bit new to Construct.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

• make private variable and always z-order by pv. you didnt say if a, b, c are a family or instance of same object. but both you could do pv thing like most stuff you will have to create some pv or id to store/track data of your objects. in general picking makes it so you have to do this.

• Its been asked for before, and it would be nice to have something in the preferences menu. In the meantime you can select the item, and press control-up arrow or control-down arrow.

And yes you can always change the order at run time, families work quite well for this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the info Manontherun and Newt. Private variables and families sound like good workarounds for the time being. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't simply making some obvious mistake while copying. Thanks again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)