Quicksaving/loading

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • I'm making side-scroller.

When player falls in the pit I want to restart level (layout). I use quick-saving for this. I quick-save the game when layout starts and later just use the quickload to restart the layout.

However, once I quickload the state, all "Every X milliseconds" events stop working. The moving platforms do not move. However, they start moving after some time. But the delay isn't supposed to be there.

How to solve this?

• Can you reproduce this in a new .cap with as few events and objects as possible? Then if you put it on the tracker, I can see if it can be fixed.

Alternatively you could try a 'Go to layout' action with the same layout number to restart the layout. (even if that works, reporting a bug for the quicksave thing would be good so it can get fixed)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'll put it on a tracker as soon as I can. I rewrote the CAP so it uses TimeDelta now, though. I'll try to reproduce the original bug.

Also, positioning and flashing do not work after quickloading. That's very very weird. I also noticed that number of instances are increased for one upon quickload. I am not sure this is desired effect.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)